Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa RecipeMay 27, 2022
Made simply with wholesome and flavorful ingredients, this Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa is the ultimate healthy summer recipe. Pair it alongside your grain of choice and a salad for an unforgettable meal that promises to be a crowd-pleaser.
This delicious healthy recipe is all about striking the perfect balance between savory and sweet. Between the combination of soy sauce and orange juice in the grilled chicken marinade and the fresh mango salsa piled on top, this recipe couldn't be tastier. It’s easy to make, bursting with flavor, and perfect for summertime.
Whether you’re serving dinner for the family or hosting a backyard barbecue for friends, this healthy grilled chicken recipe is guaranteed to be a show-stopper. Serve it alongside grilled veggies and a healthy grain like rice or quinoa for a complete meal that is out of this world.
Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa
Recipe by: Kristen McCaffrey of Slender Kitchen
Makes 4 Servings
Prep Time: 4 hours; Cook Time: 15 minutes, Total Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- Cut the chicken breasts into thinner cutlets by slicing the breasts in half horizontally. Add the chicken, soy sauce, orange juice, honey, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and black pepper to a ziplock bag. Marinate for 4 hours or more in the fridge.
- When ready to grill, remove the chicken from the marinade letting excess marinade drip off. Place on a hot grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Make the salsa by mixing together the mango, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the salsa over the grilled chicken.
Calories 252; Carbohydrates 18 grams; Fat 6 grams, Protein 34 grams
Check out more recipes from Slender Kitchen on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORKristen McCaffrey makes a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that she shares on her website, SlenderKitchen.com. Before diving into the world of healthy cooking, she struggled to lose weight, eat well, and find a healthy balance in her life. She has always been in love with food and enjoys healthy recipe development. Kristen is passionate about cooking and creating delicious recipes that encourage other people to eat healthy. See more recipes from Kristen!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|