Grilled Sirloin Steak with Chimichurri RecipeSeptember 3, 2021
This Grilled Sirloin Steak with Chimichurri recipe packs in so much flavor from a homemade chimichurri sauce made with parsley, cilantro, basil, and garlic all served over a simple grilled steak makes the ultimate healthy steak dinner.
Sirloin Steak Temperature Guide
Here is a quick guide to help you grill your sirloin to the right temperature. These times are based on a one-inch thickness, if thicker, you may need to add time. The temperatures are based on when they come off the grill. They will continue to cook as they rest.
- Rare: 4 minutes each side (120-130 degrees)
- Medium rare: 5 minutes per side (130-140 degrees)
- Medium: 6 minutes each side (140-150 degrees)
- Medium well: 7 minutes each side (150-160 degrees)
- Well done: 8 minutes each side (165 degrees)
Tips for Making Sirloin with Chimichurri
Here are a few tips to make sure this dish comes out great when you prepare it.
- Although I use sirloin steak in this recipe, you can substitute any other cut of steak you like. It's delicious with flank steak, rib eye, or steak tips.
- For those who aren't big fans of cilantro, you can use fresh basil instead.
- If you aren't a huge fan of steak, this works great with grilled chicken, fish, pork, or tofu.
- Sirloin steak is the most tender when it is cooked medium rare-medium and sliced very thin against the grain. Rather than serving a large steak to each person, consider thinly slicing the steak into pieces before serving.
Grilled Sirloin Steak with Chimichurri
Recipe by: Kristen McCaffrey of Slender Kitchen
Makes 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 10 minutes, Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1.33 lbs. lean sirloin steak, trimmed (I recommend top sirloin)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, water, parsley, cilantro, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper to a blender or food processor. Blend until a sauce forms, adding water if needed. If you like a spicy chimichurri, add red pepper flakes.
- Rub the steak with salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Grill the steak to your desired doneness, 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove the steak and let it rest.
- Slice it thinly against the grain and serve with chimichurri.
Calories 280; Carbohydrates 1 gram; Fat 19 grams, Protein 25 grams
Check out more recipes from Slender Kitchen on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORKristen McCaffrey makes a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that she shares on her website, SlenderKitchen.com. Before diving into the world of healthy cooking, she struggled to lose weight, eat well, and find a healthy balance in her life. She has always been in love with food and enjoys healthy recipe development. Kristen is passionate about cooking and creating delicious recipes that encourage other people to eat healthy. See more recipes from Kristen!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|