One-Pan Fall Chicken with Cider-Mustard SauceOctober 25, 2019
Share this One-Pan Fall Chicken with Cider-Mustard Sauce with anyone trying to eat healthier! It makes an easy weeknight dinner and is perfect for diabetics and those on a weight-loss journey. Here’s to a delicious, nutritious easy dinner!
One-Pan Fall Chicken with Cider-Mustard Sauce
Recipe by: Annessa Chumbley, RD
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 40 minutes; Total time: 50 minutes
One-Pan Fall Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 1 sweet potato, quartered and sliced
- 3 Gala apples
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Cider Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Slice 2 apples horizontally into 8 rounds.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add 4 apple slices to the middle of the pan. Lay the chicken breast on top of the apples. Spread 1 clove of grated garlic over the chicken breast and sprinkle with salt. Lay the other slices of apple on top of the chicken breast.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts and the sweet potatoes in the pan around the chicken. Slice the final apple into wedges, and add it to the baking sheet. Toss the vegetables with olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, so that they are all evenly coated. Arrange the vegetables so that they are in a single layer around the chicken.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes, until vegetables are fork-tender, and chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is baking, make the Cider Mustard Sauce: combine all ingredients into a small bowl and stir. Add just enough water (2-3 tablespoons) to thin it out so the sauce can be drizzled on top of chicken.
- Remove the One-Pan Chicken to a serving plate, with vegetables all around. Drizzle sauce on top of chicken or serve it on the side. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 298; Carbohydrates 14 grams; Fat 17 grams; Protein 25 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORAnnessa Chumbley, RD, is a bariatric dietitian and her website "Annessa Nutritionist" provides inspiring nutrition information to the bariatric community and general public. She enjoys getting the community healthy through nutrition segments on Indianapolis' FOX 59 Morning News, and 93.1 WIBC called "Power Up Your Week!", as well as a local healthy cooking show.
Find more recipes from Annessa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|