shutterbugjunkie’s Posts

shutterbugjunkie
on 2/16/11 10:34 pm
Topic: RE: 1st post-op visit - please share your experience
Hi, all! I went for my first post-op visit 2 days ago. (I was 11 days out from surgery.) The office manager asked me how I was doing and asked if I had any questions. She weighed me then took me back to an exam room. The surgeon came in and looked at my incisions and asked if I had any questions. I was like, YEAH, I have a whole list of them! So we went over my questions and that was the end of my visit. They didn't even take my temperature or my blood pressure. I would think after having MAJOR surgery just 11 days before that they would want to check my vitals. Is this normal that they didn't? I kinda feel like I'm not getting much guidance from this surgeon. Please share your first post-op experience. Thank you! Have a great day!!!!
  SW/258.5 Surgery Weight/249 CW/149.5 GW/140

shutterbugjunkie
on 2/15/11 8:56 am
Topic: RE: The Devil...
The local Girl Scout Council determines the price per box. Here in Ohio where I live, they're $3.50 a box. No way would I EVER pay $6 a box for them!!! That's outrageous!!! There are 2 companies that make the Girl Scout Cookies. Depending on which baker the local Council decides to purchase from determines which type of cookies your area gets....ie, Samoas vs Carmel Delites, Tagalong vs Peanut Butter Patty, Do-Si-Do vs Peanut Butter Sandwich, Trefoils vs Shortbread, etc. My preference is the ones from Little Brownie Baker (Samoas, Do-Si-Do, Tagalong). They're MUCH better. As for the sizes of the boxes/quantity of cookies per box---it's the same all across the nation. For those who are being charged $6 a box, no wonder why I do so well selling them on eBay for $3.50 a box!!!

Now......just to get them in & out of my house as QUICKLY as possible! Thin Mints that have been in the freezer.......my weakness!!!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/14/11 8:28 am
Topic: RE: Need suggestions for pureed/soft foods stage
I found this page just the other night when I was searching for the same info:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/nutritional-guidelines-after-roux-en-y-gastric-bypass-surgery.html
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/14/11 5:18 am
Topic: RE: Almost ready
Sounds like you're ready & prepared! Will you be taking your little dog to your friend's, too? Good luck Wed! You'll do great!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/14/11 5:15 am
Topic: RE: The Devil...
I hear what you're saying!!! I'm a Girl Scout leader and our cookies are coming in in a few weeks. It's going to be sooo hard not to rip them open and start devouring them! I'm going to try to get all of the extra boxes out of my house as quickly as possible! lol
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/13/11 10:47 am
Topic: RE: Tomorrow is the big day!!!
Good luck to all of you! I'll say a prayer for each of you! Please update us once you get a chance! Try to get a good night's sleep tonight. You probably won't get much "sound" sleep while you're in. (They'll be in to check on you every hour or two.) Your new life is about to begin!!!!!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/13/11 10:25 am
Topic: RE: I just can't picture it!!!
Yes, I'm right there with you! I've never been thin so I cannot picture what I'm going to look like when I'm thin! I'm soooo excited about it, though! I also don't have any fashion "style". My norm is comfy pants and a sweatshirt. So I've also wondered what my "style" will be. This is a VERY EXCITING journey we're on!!! Good luck with your upcoming surgery!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/13/11 9:40 am
Topic: RE: I'm ALIVE!!!!
So glad to hear that you're feeling so much better and that they FINALLY figured out what was making you so ill! Now you're on the road to recovery and it should be a lot smoother sailing from here. What a relief!!!!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/13/11 8:24 am
Topic: RE: 2 more days!
Good luck with your surgery! I wasn't nervous about my surgery, either. I think it was because I was so confident in my decision to have the surgery. I'm wishing you a speedy recovery!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/13/11 5:35 am
Topic: RE: stage two soup question
The broth from soup is good. If you have cream soup, you're supposed to take out the chunks and only eat the cream. You're only supposed to have the liquid/creamy part--no chunks. I hope this helps.
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/13/11 3:44 am
Topic: RE: Multi-vitamins??? Suggestions please
I, too, purchased the Centrum Chewable orange multivitamins thinking they would be yummy. Not so! The first 2 days, I had to choke them down. Since then, they have gotten better. They seem to not be so chalky and they seem to taste more like orange. I do take them with food (as recommended on the label) and that makes them a little more tolerable. My thinking is that I hate to waste money so I'll be taking them until I finish the TWO bottles that I purchased online. I have heard a lot of good reports about the Celebrate chewable vitamins. I ordered a sample from them and received them within just a few days. If you do the same, they may be at home waiting on you when you get home from surgery. Good luck with your surgery!!!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/13/11 2:59 am
Topic: RE: pain at my waistline just to the left of my belly button
Thank you for the info! This puts my mind at ease a little, but I'll still definitely address it with my surgeon.
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/13/11 2:39 am
Nope, I'm not a revision. I'm a newbie RNY.

I do have my first follow-up visit scheduled for this Tuesday.

My incision from my drainage tube is a little to the left of there, and that's been hurting quite a lot, too. Starting last night, though, is when I started feeling the pain next to my belly button.
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/13/11 2:23 am
Starting last night, I've developed a pain at my waistline just to the left of my belly button. I'm 9 days post-op. Any ideas on what this could possibly be? The area's not red or tender. Please help!
  SW/258.5 Surgery Weight/249 CW/149.5 GW/140

shutterbugjunkie
on 2/12/11 5:52 am
Topic: RE: refried beans during liquid diet?
I have NOT given in to my urge to eat the refried beans--although they sound soooo yummy! With the help, support and encouragement from everyone here on OH, I'm going to stick to my surgeon's plan.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/12/11 1:59 am
Topic: RE: 22-12
Yay for you!!!!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/11/11 10:14 pm
Topic: RE: Home sweet home
Hi, Sherri! We're just 4 days apart in our surgeries! I actually had my surgery done in Dayton, but I had originally gone to a seminar at OSU. I'm 8 days post-op now and I didn't have my first bowel movement until 5 days out. I believe the pain meds stall this process, so if you can back off of them a little bit, that might help you to go. Also, getting plenty of water in is key. For me, my incision where my drainage tube was hurts pretty bad. That's really the only pain I have. It does get a little better each day. Also, the more you can walk, the better you should feel--it REALLY helps to get rid of the gas. Congrats to you!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/11/11 7:34 am
Thank you all for reminding me that I DO need to follow my surgeon's instructions because he's the one who knows what's best for me. I do know it will get better (and hopefully easier.) I really appreciate you all being "forward" with me. That's just what I needed!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/11/11 7:31 am
Topic: RE: ? When did your dr. move you from all liquid to puree?
I'm on the liquid diet for 2 weeks. I had my surgery 1 day after you. I'm soooo tired of just drinking liquids! I'm sooooo ready to move on to the pureed foods.
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/11/11 7:20 am
I'm now 1 week post-op and I'm on a full liquid diet for another week. Can I have a few small bites of refried beans? I've been craving them and I need to "chew" something. If I can have them, do I need to add water to them to make them somewhat soupy? My list from the surgeon shows the refried beans on the pureed diet, but I'm sooo hungry for them now. I'm so bored with the liquid diet! Plus, I've not even had a feeling of being hungry yet. It's so strange. Thanks for any help you can give me!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/11/11 4:40 am
Topic: RE: ugggh
I had my first poo 5 days after surgery. What a relief it was! I was only taking pain meds at night to help me sleep. Good luck!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/8/11 3:08 am
Topic: RE: Home from surgery
So glad to hear everything went well & that you're home now! Keep in touch! We had our surgeries on the same day!
shutterbugjunkie
on 2/3/11 8:14 am
Topic: RE: Surgery in the morning!
Hi, all! I, too, am having my RNY tomorrow at 11am. I'm sooooo excited!!! It's so cool to see that there are a few others who are having their surgery on the same day as me. I'm sure we all can be great supporters for each other. I'll say a prayer for all of you. I'm wishing you all a safe surgery and a speedy recovery!