X post Irritated

glzgowlass
on 2/17/12 5:45 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
I signed up for a personal trainer and things have been great.  It's pricey I thought but worth it. 

Well I just got a call to say that my hour long session with the trainer should only have been for half and hour!

Naturally I can't find my paperwork that I signed although I'll continue to look for it.  I'm paying $160 per month for 3 months. (one session a week) 

My free first session was an hour long so I had no reason to think a session was for half an hour.  The trainer has been training me for an hour, but apparently she was pulled aside and told that she was only supposed to be training me for half an hour. 

Is $40 for a half hour session normal?  I'm really disappointed in this because I was going to extend the training to six months but I'm not doing it if it's only for 30 mins.  That's no time at all!

Really annoyed, that I didn't catch this to begin with and that I can't find the damn paperwork. 

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

Jenny C.
on 2/17/12 6:35 am

Have you asked them for a copy?  Maybe there's a mistake....

GreenGardener
on 2/17/12 6:36 am, edited 2/16/12 6:37 pm
VSG on 06/02/09 with
Mine was $25 for a half hour (I did it twice a week on a 3-month contract). But honestly, I was dead after a half hour - I would not have been able to make it for an hour -- you're a better woman than I!
 SD:  6/09; HW:  263;  LW:  143; CW:  155; 5'5"; 62 yo
fullhousemom
on 2/17/12 7:18 am
If the personal trainer didnt recognize the error, how could you?  I would ask them for a copy of the contract. 

I have heard prices from $75 to $125 per hour. $40 for a half hour sounds "reasonable." 
MichelleNC
on 2/17/12 7:33 am
 Hate to be the bearer of bad news 40 for a half hour sounds right. Sorry!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

LindaScrip
on 2/17/12 10:32 pm
Here is where you pick your battles and learn to be more careful with your paperwork not being mean but that is a problem .  Always have documentation when you need o address something.  cover your ass!  I would ask they for a copy like someone else suggested and if its a good gym then I would tell them it was a miscommunication but the trainer who is their employee should have known that as well.  Be polite because if the gym has any class they won't want to **** you off or you can just pay and learn but I would do the first option question is did you make your goals for wanting an hour session clear if so its on them but once again more careful with the paperwork.  I for one file my stuff right away just for that reason.  I hope it works out for you.  Do you have an LA Fitness near you I think 160 per month is outrageous! I would also look into Zomba or aerobics.
AnneGG
on 2/17/12 11:05 pm
I used a personal trainer for the beginning of my journey, and the cost was about the same. I found it to be tremendously helpful in just learning what to do and how to take care of myself while exercising. After my initial contract I went on my own, and have been on my own since.

I love the group classes, especially Zumba. I have 2 left feet, but it's so much fun! Spinning is also good. Plus I run and strength train. Never thought I would actually like to exercise- go figure.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active