One more reason not to get the lap band...

thinkingthin2809
on 8/10/08 12:16 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Honey there is a lot of misinformation about the DS too.  I am living the life and when I've complained in the past, I got shunned for speaking out.  The DSer's want people to think our life is wonderful when there are a number of problems, including watching what we eat and avoiding going out afterwards due to gas and bathroom issues.
Laurie LOVES her DS
on 8/10/08 12:24 pm - Southern, CA
Okaaaaay.

You say you've been shunned in the past for speaking out and "the DSers want people to think our life is wonderful"

Methinks either you are a liar or you have several identities here on OH, 'cause here is the link to your recent posts, and no one has shunned you.  People tried to HELP you and were very NICE to you!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/board_id,5357/user_id,7 64573/a,messageboard/action,memberPosts/ 

PRE OPS ...  Want a surgery that has the least chance of long-term re-gain, is BEST at curing your Diabetes (98%+), removes much of the hunger hormone Ghrelin, NO DUMPING, NO MARGINAL ULCERS and NO STOMA / STRICTURES? CURIOUS WHY I CHOSE THE DS?  VISIT MY PROFILE.

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/08 12:25 pm - San Jose, CA
Watching what you stuff in your pie-hole when you have to be out a few hours later is a PROBLEM for you??  You're right -- YOU are one of those people with inadequate mental and emotional skills to handle a DS.

TiVo'ing carbs is not exactly rocket science hon -- it really isn't.
Larissa P.
on 8/10/08 12:47 pm - Denton, TX
I have not heard on DS person say they have to avoid "going out" due to gas or bathroom issues...
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
LeaAnn
on 8/11/08 4:05 am, edited 8/11/08 4:12 am - Huntsville, AL

She's been a troll all along. The wording of the posts in this thread are, Have the "DS PEOPLE" looked at themselves? She is not one of us. She is not a DS person.

Personally, have the "DS people" looked in the mirror?  I see so many of "them" that at first glance you'd know "they" were malabsorbing food.  I've seen a number of the "frequent posters on the board" who look terrible.  They know who they are.  They claim they look younger, but oh man, people are lying to them.  They are the ones who have lost too much weight and their color is terrible, they look so aged and gaunt so to say.  One person is in her 50's and she looks like she's 70 another women is in her early 30's and looks like she's in her 40's.  It's awful.  "Their" hair is bridle and were these wigs that are unbecoming!  So, when you choose to bash another surgery, I'd really think about the seriousness of your surgery.  I'd rather look healthy then to look like **** forever and couldn't control it.  Afterall, what good is skinny when you look unhealthy and like ****t?"

THIS PERSON DID NOT HAVE A DS.  In this post it criticizes those that "lost too much."  Then it goes on to criticize those of us that didn't lose enough.  It's just a nasty troll.  Unfortunately DS envy breeds nasty trolls like rabbits.  Methinks this one is Midwestern Girl, myownself. 

Lori Black
on 8/11/08 9:37 am - , IN
Good eye, LeaAnn, I didn't catch that.  This is the same ***** that left a response on my blog about a picture of me when I was wearing one of my wigs.  (Said something like, "Well your body looks pretty good, but that wig has to go!)  **** her and all of her trolling ways, at first I thought it was an EX-friend of mine from real life, but now I realize he/she/it is just a stupid troll that's jealous of DSers b/c he/she/it probably has the lapband or RNY.  Hey Thinkingthin.....keep on thinking elsewhere ***** you're obviosly not welcome here. 

Buh-bye!!!

Lori
LeaAnn
on 8/11/08 9:57 am - Huntsville, AL
It might be the return of Dee.   Cuz remember she stirred up **** by sending a message to Sylvia saying they were talking about her prom dress and your wig on the new private lapband forum.  She's the ONLY person I've ever seen say anything negative about your wig.  Um, ANY surgery can cause hair loss!  But, anyhow, yup -- Dee has serious issues, and yes, she has a lapband and is in need of a revision.
Lori Black
on 8/11/08 10:55 am - , IN
It could be anyone I guess. I was thinking of Jamie Riggs or some other sicko like that as well.  I'd say that I miss Teacraps, Chunky Chuck....but not so much really!  Lol!  Is Dee a really ****ty speller?  I don't remember Chunky Craps being a bad speller...but it's been awhile and the nut house can change a person!  Hehe!  I miss this kind of action around the boards!
thinkingthin2809
on 8/11/08 11:25 am - Bakersfield, CA
Lori Black
on 8/11/08 11:39 am - , IN
Well, hi *****I've been waiting for your ass to come around.  You didn't strike a nerve, but you are a ******g *****  I've never hidden the fact I wore a wig for four months, I was open with the forum so others could know that they don't have to live with thinning or balding hair...it's a fact of surgery, not a fact of the DS.  You're jealous that you have the lapband or RNY as it may be, and may never see your weight loss goal.  I've not only lost ot goal, I've lost below my wildest expectations.  My labs are phenomenal as well.  My hair has not only grown back in fabulously, it was long enough in my avie picture to pull it into a pony tail to wear the hair piece you're referring to.  I don't need it, just something fun to wear.  You think I look 40?  Well, you're not too far off, I'll be 34 in a few months.  Gosh, no one has EVER told me I look 6 year older than I am, but then again, you've never met me in person so I don't give you one ounce of credit in that department!  Not to mention you hide behind your fake assed identity, showing NO PICTURES of who you are, and lie about the surgery type you've had.  When you made the comment on my wig back in March or so, you were an RNYer....hmmm, strange!  Now all of a sudden you're a DSer.  SO hard to lie in a profile...NOT!!!  I'm the Mom to three wonderful children, and if looking a bit older is in the cards, it's okay by me!  I'm in love with my husband of 11 years as he is with me.  I'm not out trying to find a man, so looking 40 is just fine with me. 

So are you Stephanie, Dee, Midwestern Girl, do tell!!!  I don't really care who you are, I won't be losing sleep over your bull**** hon.

Lori
Most Active
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 20 views
Recent Topics
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 20 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1093 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1269 views
Need help for my mom