MONDAY WORKOUTS Y'ALL...

DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/8/12 9:33 pm, edited 7/8/12 9:36 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I ran 8.09 miles in 1:15:03.<br />
<br />
Today was the first time, aside from running on trails, that I ventured out to run on the roads since my friend, Buddy, was killed by a hit n run driver while he was out running a few weeks back. As I approached my first hill on Bonds Ranch Rd, a large truck came flying over the pinnacle of the hill, probably doing about 70 mph while veering into the shoulder I was running on. I thought to myself, is it really worth it??? I turned around and headed home safe n sound. I will be sticking with running trails, the treadmill, and other places that have sidewalks. It is truly amazing the level of stupidity of the drivers on the road. It was dark so I couldn't see what a lot of drivers were doing, but my guess would be texting, checking their Facebook, or just being knuckle heads. I have ran this loop countless times, and never thought about it in terms of my mortality, but today it all came home. Farewell to all the mindless nimrods on the road in the wee hours of the morning. (besides... I kind of hate running on the road. Give me my dirt single track all day long baby)

Tonight I teach my 5pm Spin Class and am going to try to run another 5 miles if I can find the time. WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY???
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

onmom
on 7/8/12 10:00 pm
Yesterday was my first day lifting weights since surgery then I went swimming with the kids. Today I am sore I guess today will be a day of rest. I had to drop my weights lower then before surgery by less then I thought so that made me feel good.

Will try to up my protein today. 
Sam LifeNerd
on 7/8/12 10:12 pm
 Week 5 of P90x, Day 1, Shoulders, Chest and Triceps!!  Barely can move my arms now, ha!!

Gonna do 3.x miles tonight after work, getting ready for the 5k next weekend (7/21)

Jenfur
on 7/9/12 2:03 am
VSG on 06/25/12
2 weeks out from surgery today, got up at 0530 and went to the YMCA and walked 30 minutes on the treadmill.  Just got cleared for treadmill, pool (but not actual swimming) and stationary bike...yippee.

Paul C.
on 7/9/12 3:48 am - Cumming, GA
 60 minute Endurance format Spin class.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
EliseG
on 7/9/12 4:04 am - MA
Hi, all! My first time posting in this forum...
I joined a gym this weekend so after work I'm going to go to the gym and try and do the elliptical machine for at least 30 minutes. If I can't do that I'll use the treadmill. Super nervous, I've never been a gym member before!

mcarthur01
on 7/9/12 4:40 am - Cumming, GA
welcome!  we are looking forward to more workout posts from you!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Constantine
on 7/9/12 5:59 am
Good luck!  You will grow to love it.

Constantine
on 7/9/12 6:02 am
I posted here for several months right after my surgery but got a strange stalker and deleted my ID.  I am 16 months post RNY and at my goal weight.  I got my black belt in May after training for a year for it (four actual years in karate) and now I am working on increasing my endurance and focusing on weight lifting.  Going to try to get back into posting.  I am pretty much a gym rat because its normally 105 degrees here from April til October.  I do the gym 5x a week in the mornings and karate 2x a week in the evenings, and I also swim on my off karate days in the afternoons.

Today:  45 minutes elliptical and 30 minutes lifting, all upper body/chest/arms.  Planks, pushups, pullups and 10 minute stretching..

NowIliveforaerobicsandnotfood
on 7/9/12 8:51 am
1.5 hours aerobic dance.

Most Active