Lacking Motivation

Natali1983
on 7/11/12 9:34 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
Hey guys well idk how to get out of this funk but i need help :/ so i havent been to the gym in 2 weeks now cuz i had ingrown toenails surgically removed and my feet are just now starting to feel better buuuuuuuuuuuut i cant get the motivation to get back in the gym...ugh i cant stand that i stopped for 2weeks str8 its so damn hard to go back...plus im a lil bored w the cardio..i switch it up w the treadmill, elliptical, and steps...i really wanna try cycling but im a lil scared..im 4mth postop rny...any advice for a gym newbie?
Natali

acbbrown
on 7/11/12 2:08 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Yeah its definitely hard to get going again, but you just have to decide you are going to do it, pack your bag and go, and keep going until you are back in your groove. 

What are you doing on th TM, elliptical and steps - I find that doing interval training at least keeps me entertained for the most part - i can't just set it on one speed and go for an hour. 

Dont be scared of the cycling - try out the stationary bikes a couple times, get a feel for it, and then try a spin class. I was maybe close to 300 lbs still when I started spinning and i was terrified because i was definitely the biggest person and I didnt know if I could do it, but I went, and I did it, and i LOVED it. Its a high energy, upbeat environment that's engaging and definitely takes away the boring aspect of working out alone. 

What about group exericse classes? I do those occassionally to break up my same old routine. You can get creative - dancing, kick boxing, etc if they are available. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

hrford
on 7/11/12 10:33 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
 I gotta second a spin class.  They are so high intensity the hour zings past.  And please don't think anyone is staring at the "newbie" they are too busy sweating.  I think in your case you just need to do it.  There are no magic bullets to make it "fun" again.  I just don't make it an option for me.  I will work out 6 days a week.  There isn't an out.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

sjnils
on 7/12/12 11:08 pm - fremont, NE
I was scared on the bike the first time, too.  I came here and everyone was so encouraging---by the third day I was off on my own and pedaling around town.  Fourth day was yesterday.  46 minutes.  Today, one hour and 47 minutes. 

Get a bike.  I have to say just being OUTSIDE in the fresh air and sunshine is a huge boost!!
Most Active