Pregnancy and waterslides??

Ashlie
on 5/18/09 4:19 am - Big Lake, MN
My husband and I are trying to plan our summer vacation. We were thinking of going to Wisconsin Dells in July. I would be 4mo along at that time. I would avoid the thrill rides of course but I wanted to know what you guys thought of waterslides and wave pools etc. Do you think it would be ok or a really bad idea?? I would cake on the sun screen and stay very hydrated of course. I would not go on any of the freaky rides. I would probably stick to the rides that you sit on a tube or a raft of some kind mostly.

Let me know what ya think!

Thanks!

-Ashlie
Lilypie - (bzQG)

Highest / DOS / Current / Goal / I've lost / Height / Size B4 wls / After wls

435      405      213      184       222        6ft          30/32         14/16

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/09 4:25 am
I think even in a raft you get bumped around pretty good on the slides.  A lazy river would probably be fine - but anything more than that and I wouldn't risk it.

I'm pissed actually that I'm going to miss all the roller coasters this summer with my kids LOL but they said, hey mom, you can watch us.  Bah.

I would be better safe than sorry, just me.
biggeekgirl
on 5/18/09 4:49 am

My opinion is lazy rivers , wave pools (as long as you're not being pushed around by people roughly) and maybe gentle water slides would be okay.

At 5-6 months out I flew to Disney for a work convention and our air flight was quite rough... both in the air and on landing.  I had no problems. 

Also -- I think the rides that are not meant for pregnant women will probably be marked?  (They are at amusement parks at least!) 

I might be in the Dells myself in July w/ the baby..... but we'll be skipping waterparks.  (you can't bring a 5 week old to a water park!) 

We're going mostly to tour House on the Rock and do the boat rides.... 

Have fun! 

Cindy

Surgery on 4/25/05 , Dr. Alverdy in Chicago.  God Bless the DS !!!
Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

VintageQueen
on 5/18/09 5:22 am - Thornton, CO
I've been thinking about this, too, as my daughter is 12 and we usually take her to a water park or two during the summer. I keep thinking about last summer, when I went for the first time in ages. I was about 6 mo post-RNY, and I remember slamming my tailbone pretty hard a few times - just a reminder of how rough and bouncy the rides are! Even the raft/tube rides... I'm definitely going to be sticking to the lazy river and wave pools, since a jarring hit is not OK while I'm preggers!
Ashlie
on 5/18/09 5:27 am - Big Lake, MN
I'm thinking we might just stick with our origional plans and go sight seeing in Yellowstone National Park. We love it there but thought it would be easier to stay closer to home but I think we will just take our time getting there and back to make the drive part easier on me.

-Ashlie
Lilypie - (bzQG)

435      405      213      184       222        6ft          30/32         14/16

tripmom02
on 5/19/09 4:42 am - NJ
Hey, just wanted to let you know about what I saw this weekend! We took the kids to a water park and EVERY single water slide was marked as a "do not use if you are pregnant"!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Ashlie
on 5/19/09 4:48 am - Big Lake, MN
Oh wow! Thank you for the info!! We axed that idea and are just going to go camping in the mountains instead. I don't want to risk it! :-)
Lilypie - (bzQG)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views