Everett is 2 weeks old: Pics and Formula Update

Spencerb52
on 5/19/09 10:53 pm, edited 5/19/09 10:54 pm
Good morning!

Thank you so much for all the replies regarding the formula issues Everett has had.  We are still working them out, but so far he is managing to keep down the Similac Sensitive with a few mixing tricks on our part (the stuff foams more than a rabid dog).  The gas is still bothering him, but this formula is the lesser evil of all we've tried.  We may move to Enfamil Gentle in the next week or so.  Sleep is still a challenge, but that comes with the territory and I know it isn't forever. 

Everett's cold continues, but at this young age, there is nothing that can be done.  He still has the TTN, which supposedly should have resolved within 72 hours of birth.  I'm doing my best to relax, but I tend to watch him and check on him constantly as the breathing accelerates and the panting starts with no warning.  Sometimes stripping him down and doing some skin-to-skin bonding works to lower his heart rate below 60, sometimes we just have to ride it out.

The good news is our little guy is 7lbs 10ozs now (started at 7.4) and is actually opening his eyes for a few minutes of every hour now.  He is a snuggler and LOVES to be held (and vice versa).  The c-section recovery was MUCH better this time than with my other 2 children and I am back to walking daily and feeling *almost* good as new!  I'm working with my PCP to adjust meds as the PPD has really hit hard.  Still, life is good and we are soooo in love with our newest addition to the family.

IMG_0579.jpg picture by Spencerb52
Everett & Emma on the playmat

IMG_0595.jpg picture by Spencerb52
Me giving Everett WAY too many smooches (gotta do it while they still let you!)

IMG_0588.jpg picture by Spencerb52
Trying Donna's idea to take a pic with a stuffed animal every month

IMG_0576.jpg picture by Spencerb52
Smiling (or probably just gas), but we'll call it smiling!

Thanks for reading, and as always, for your support!

Hugs,

Jo
DS:9 yrs old / DD:5 yrs old / DS: 1 yr old

"Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward." -Soren Kierkegaard-
armywife12
on 5/19/09 10:59 pm - IN
As any bariatric patient knows....letting go of gas IS  reason to smile.  He's so sweet and his big sis is a beauty. Get online at walmart.com and order a Dr. Brown's formula pitcher. That things is awesome.....not too sold on the bottles, but that pitcher I can not live without. I hope the PPD gets better.

Hugs,
Angie

floflo1981
on 5/19/09 11:06 pm - Huntsville, AL
What a cute bundle of cuteness!!! I would smooch him silly too!! Love that last pic...of course he is smiling with a sweet Momma like you!!

Thanks for sharing!!
~Flora

Lilypie - (zx1x)

Pre-op 284/Current 180/Goal 145  5'5
Surgery Date:April 23, 2007

Stacey H.
on 5/19/09 11:24 pm - Brooklyn Park, MN
Jo, he's absolutely adorable! I hope he gets better soon. Sometimes it's so scary to have a newborn.  TRY to rest. I  know how semi-impossible that may be. Hugs...

Stacey proud mama to Aleah, Allison, Austin, AnnikaAndrew

Splenderella
on 5/19/09 11:25 pm

I CAN'T WAIT TO HOLD HIM!!!! (and meet you too of course) :-)

He is soooooooooo sweet!!! He makes my heart melt. He is going to make me want to have another right away!!! 

I also heard the Dr. Brown pitcher is good. BRU has it online.

Hugs,
Erika

247/154/145/139  Highest/Current/Goal/Lowest

Donna M.
on 5/19/09 11:28 pm - Long Beach, CA
Too precious!  I love the smile one...  Have you tried mixing the day's formula in the morning?  It might help to let it sit for a while.  I hate that ultra foamy stuff too!
-Donna
WendieS
on 5/19/09 11:47 pm - Birmingham, AL
AWwww, so cute. I love the one with sister, sweet.
He is a doll. congrats!

Quade born July 6!!!! 
easter09040-1.jpg picture by wendiesmi

SHANNYN B.
on 5/19/09 11:56 pm
Congrats to you!! He looks great!!
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

Lexa321
on 5/19/09 11:58 pm - weston, FL
hes so beautiful..!... i also use the dr browns pitcher... when i actually use powder... i mix it the night before and let the foam go down.... seems to help.. also i put mycoln drops in the bottle... seems to help that gas before it even starts...
Liz R.
on 5/20/09 12:34 am - Easton, PA
Glad that things are getting better! He is adorable!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1256 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1333 views