Boooooo! No U/S Scheduled....

PaulaRP
on 5/20/09 12:30 am - North of Boston, MA
Dang it to all hell! Here I've been psyching myself up for my next OB appointment next week...I'll be 16.5 weeks and assumed I'd have an U/S since I've had one at each visit so far. At that time, It'll have been 4 full weeks since my last appt. and U/S.

I just phoned my OB's office to see if an U/S was scheduled and of course, it is just an office visit with no U/S scheduled.  Boooooo! Hisssss!

So, I guess I DEFINITELY will NOT be finding out the gender next week. Double boooooo, hissssss!

On a positive note though:
Thank goodness I ordered the fetal doppler, which should be arriving tomorrow. At least I'll have the assurance of hearing a heartbeat, hopefully!

--Paula

Pregnancy Ticker
Liz R.
on 5/20/09 2:13 am - Easton, PA
well that just sucks!!! So do you get one at 20 weeks then??
Heather M.
on 5/20/09 2:44 am, edited 5/20/09 2:46 am - Modesto, CA
Boo!  I bet they do either 20 or 24 weeks.  Now hope your LO doesn't do like mine and wiggle for all the measurement part, then GO TO SLEEP and curl up in a ball when they go to do gender.  I have the u/s picture where she's curled in a C shape, forehead on her knees, and her HANDS over her ears!  Everyone else still thinks it's hilarious.  Pfffffftttttt...  mommy was not amused.

We didn't get confirmation of her actual sex until 28 weeks.  We just had a 20% chance she was a girl at 20 weeks.  LOL

Heather + Caitlin Marie
Caitlin's Vitals: Born 5/22/09, at 9:22 AM, 7 lbs, 20 3/4 inches long.  Looks like her daddy!
SHANNYN B.
on 5/20/09 6:29 am
Well thats no fun! At least you have seen the baby and can hear the heartbeat. I dont know when our next one will be at all. Kind of strange!!! Think positive!!!
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

tripmom02
on 5/20/09 6:39 am - NJ
consolation, at 16 weeks its not 100% that you would be able to find out the gender, most techs doing a regular u/s will not commit to a gender that early! As for the doppler, I LOVE mine, even though I can feel little boy blue kicking around in there I still love to listen to his hearbeat before bed, just puts a smile on my face! Just wait until your Level 2, you are going to be amazed at the details and all you get to see, hands, little lips and noses, tiny fingers and toes, they measure EVERYTHING! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

xraycj
on 5/20/09 8:01 am - Bayonne, NJ
Paula,

That stinks!!!  Since I have the three growing in there I get an US every 2 weeks.  I look forward to them so I know how you must feel.  But at least you have the fetal doppler arriving tomorrow.  I would drive myself crazy  with it so that is why we didn't get one.

At my 12 or 13 week nuchal transluency they were able to tell us the the sexes.  90% sure they were 2 identical boys and 80% that the other was a girl.  At 15 they confirmed  they were right!

Hang they will be able to tell you soon!

Carroll
Purple ribbonFor Kelly....and many others out there!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1255 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 866 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1333 views