Throwing up air, anyone had this problem?

blueaprildew
on 3/30/11 8:13 am - Greer, SC
Hey everyone, I am unsure what to do. For several months now since about 5 weeks into my pregnancy I have been miserable throwing up. I thought it was morning sickness, however I am beggining to believe that its not. I dont throw up food I just throw up air. Its very painful because my stomach feels like it has so much pressure in it and then I throw up and its tons of air that I burp up. I do this several times a day. I am not trying to be gross but its just clear saliva that comes up as well. I have tried gas x and it doesnt help. I am gonna make an appointment with the surgeon to check up on in, but in the mean time can anyone tell me what this might could be? Has anyone had this happen with gastric bypass surgery. I am desperate to get better. Any feedback will be appreciated.
Lexa321
on 3/30/11 8:19 am - weston, FL
i get that too... and once i get one big burp its better... until next time
blueaprildew
on 3/30/11 8:23 am - Greer, SC
How often does it happen to you? And does anything you try help it?
Lexa321
on 3/30/11 9:18 am - weston, FL
maybe once a day?.. i dont try to prevent it because its random.. and nothing i do or dont do changes it... i just wait until i puke up the burp.. wash my mouth out.. and get on with my life...
blueaprildew
on 3/30/11 10:46 pm - Greer, SC
You sound like me lol
hockeybabe2u
on 3/30/11 10:20 am - Allegan, MI
I'm over 7 years post op and haven't been able to actually throw up.  The few times that I did, it's just been clear saliva.  Often times, making myself burp seems to help somewhat.  I have heard other RNY patients that are the same way!  I think with you being in the 1st trimester, your feeling the "morning" sickness and the "throwing up" that comes with it, but probably not able to throw up the food like "normal" people.  I'm not sure if all people that have RNY experience this same issue....or if it's just some....but again, from my experience, it's normal for RNY patients to not "throw up".

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

blueaprildew
on 3/30/11 10:46 pm - Greer, SC
thank you so much for the feedback I really appreciate it!
Kerri B.
on 3/30/11 9:38 pm
Just curious- does it happen after you eat?? It also could be the "foamies". This happens to me an awful lot. I have a tendency to talk a lot while I'm eating (YEs- BIG shocker!!) and then I don't pay attention, forget to chew it completely and it gets stuck. Even after being 4 years out this happens to me. I'm also an RNYer who doesn't "throw up". There are times I've tried and tried and all I can get is air and the foamies, so I imagine what you're feeling and describing are very natural to us.

Have you tried take some Pepcid? I used to have GERD very bad before surgery and haven't had many issues since surgery, however, while I was pregnant I found that taking one pepcid ac complete chewable in the evenings after dinner seemed to really help me with that pressure feeling and not to mention helped a lot with the gas and bloating...hope that helps!

blueaprildew
on 3/30/11 10:47 pm - Greer, SC
I while try to slow down and see if that helps but unfortunately it happens at random.
nightof
on 3/31/11 5:38 am
I had this everyday from about 8w-24w....every morning when i woke up, didnt matter what time..as soon as i moved i had to RUN..i threw up air and saliva. nothing helped...it just went away on its own after that. i chalked it up to morning sickness and it just being weird because of my rny.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views