Miscarried - D&C tomorrow

teresa79
on 5/5/11 6:44 pm - Fowler, IN
I am so sorry for your loss. Just know it's nothing you did. I have had three miscarriages and I also carried my son to 24 weeks gestation. He passed away after he was a few hours old. I had to have a D&C with two of my miscarriages. I was put under for both. All I had done was an I.V. and they gave me relaxing meds and then put me under. When I woke up I had a lot of pressure inside and some cramping but I was immediately given pain meds and was sent home to rest for a few days with pain meds. My first D&C I made the mistake of getting up and cleaning around my house ( I just wanted to get out of bed and do something so I didn't have to lay there and dwell on my loss). Big mistake. Take time to heal and what I mean by that is to allow yourself to heal emotionally. Allow yourself to grieve. The D&C for me physically was not painful at all. Healing emotionally was hard. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. My SIL  loss her pregnancy as well last summer and her OB told her that this is quite normal sometimes for 1st time pregnancies and sometimes it's just the bodies way to preparing for a pregnancy to be carried to term with a healthy baby. She is now pregnant and due in September. Keep hope.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Cathie N.
on 5/5/11 8:23 pm - Augusta, GA
I'm sorry for your loss. Sending blessings to you.

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

jana_m_dowler
on 5/5/11 11:27 pm - Rockport, WV
I'm sorry for your loss. I had a m/c sometime in January. I went in to see my doctor for my 12 week  appt on January 27 and they couldn't find the heartbeat. The baby was only about 8 weeks developed. Of course I had no idea this happened.
That night my ob did the d&c. He had me completely knocked out so I didn't feel anything but I did bleed for about 2 weeks. A lot of clotting. Some days were heavier then others.
Please don't do any heavy lifting and give yourself time to mourn the loss.
Also talk about your feelings. You will get through this. It just takes some time. It took me a few weeks for the feeling of sadness to go away. Don't get me wrong, I still think about it from time to time but I know that something was wrong and there is a reason that this happened.
Take care honey and know that you have people here cheering for you and your next sticky bean :)
Jana
kalamtykel
on 5/5/11 11:42 pm
Thank you all so VERY much for your kind words!  They really mean more than you might think.  I go in today at 11:30 for the procedure.  Wish i could have a cup of coffee this morning.  I just hope the day goes by quickly.  I look forward to coming home and crawling into bed.  I'll come back and let you know how things went. 

Thanks again!!

Kelly
jana_m_dowler
on 5/5/11 11:49 pm - Rockport, WV
Also make sure you have some heavy flow pads from your local store. The ones the hospital provide are very bulky and uncomfortable. I had some cramping from time to time as well.

Jana
TraceyC
on 5/6/11 12:15 am - DFW, TX
I'm so sorry. I know how much this baby meant to you, and I know that no other future babies could possibly be a replacement. Please know that you did NOTHING wrong. God has a plan for your family. Don't give up hope! Praying for you. Please keep us updated and don't be afraid to vent here if you need to. God bless! 

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Kelley D.
on 5/6/11 5:20 am
I am so sorry dear. I have had 5 miscarriages and 3 D&Cs. Physically they were very easy for me, they put me under and and I felt nothing during and only light period like cramps after. I was able to go back to work within 2 days. Emotionally is a different story. they will give you some "calming" meds to help you mentally (i was screaming in my head "I don't want to, I don't want to" over and over) but after the meds I just drifted in and out of sleep with my husband watching over me. My strongest advice is talk about it and grieve. It is a pain that will always be with you but if you let yourself mourn it will not over take you. My heart and prayers are with you.

Height: 5'8"  Start weight:316 My goal: 190 Surgeons goal:175. reached my goal... 3years out, had some bounce back time to get back on track!

hockeybabe2u
on 5/6/11 11:37 am - Allegan, MI
I'm sooo sorry for your lose! 

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1255 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 866 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1333 views