Questions for the preggos...

furiosmommy
on 6/21/11 2:17 am - Phoenix, AZ
I was wondering what your typical day of eating is like? Since I am only 5.5 months out from surgery I worry about the adjustments I need to make to my eating. I know that I do need to increase my carb intake so that it is closer to 100g instead of 30g. I would love for some of you to share what a typical eating day looks like for you now that you are expecting.

Also, what is everyone doing for exercise? I typically weight train and do Leslie Sanson's "The Big Burn" 2 mile walk/jog. I went ahead and did the 2 mile walk/jog this morning, I just tried to keep the jog part very low key. I'd like to continue to exercise for the next 9 months. Outside of swimming and walking I was wondering if anyone had some good suggestions. Until I see my OB in a couple weeks I don't want to do anything too high intensity.

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

Jaime C.
on 6/21/11 6:19 am - Pacific Grove, CA
RNY on 08/03/07 with

I can't help you. I waited 3 years after surgery to have the baby, but i can tell you my eating habits changed ALOT during pregnancy. I could eat almost everyhting and anything and not get sick. I am down to my pre pregnancy weight thank goodness and my son will be turing 1 next week. At this point, i wouldn't worry about weight... think of your baby and what is best for him/her. I continued walking throughout my pregnancy and right after. 5.5 months out from surgery i was still on my honey moon stage and losing weight very quickly and going through all kinds of changes. I can't even imagine how it would be pregnant. Kudos to you and congrats.

Jaime C.

trouble256
on 6/21/11 6:46 am - Athens, AL
ok, I am currently more than 2 yrs out. so.....I pretty much eat what I want now days (nothing bad, generally)

When I was pregnant with my daughter (only 9 months post op RNY) I had to "graze" eat, which is BAD BAD BAD for the surgery, but it kept me from passing out. So....I did what I had to do.  I would suggest that you drink a protein drink every 3-4 hrs...(it will help you with vits and protein) and you MUST EAT CARBS!

*I AM NOT TELLING YOU TO GORGE YOURSELF ON BREAD OR SUBWAY!!** but incorporate carbs with your meals.  example; for a snack I would have apples with peanut butter and cheese and crackers. 

Just remember to eat the way you are supposed to, but more often and try to get a lot of the protein in with shakes... that way you have "room" to get in other things...of course i had RNY so I am speaking in reference to having to have space in a little pouch, i know nothing about VSG.

Good luck!!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Sara S.
on 6/21/11 11:44 am
I was 6 months out of surgery. I eat normally but did increase my carbs... however my biggest craving was Gucamole... and fruit!! I ate tons of fruit pregnant... especially strawberries and cherries.

I pretty much stuck to the 5 meals a day, however I always made sure I had a snack with me, incase I got the dizzies...

I also drank almost 160oz of water a day.

Be sure to take your vitamins... my levels crashed after I had my daughter!

Good luck.
  Sara

Mom to Haleigh born 04/14/10 and Dylan 05/15/12
LoveLikeWinter
on 6/22/11 1:31 am
I'm a bad one to ask because I have horrible hyperemesis (non-stop vomiting/nausea) so I eat whatever stays down, including way more carbs than normal. I have small eating days (like today) and higher calorie days. I average anywhere from 1200-1600 cals. I eat a lot of fruits and soups (because I need the extra salt).

A typical day is usually:

breakfast- piece of bread with edges cut off and 1 tbsp peanut butter
lunch- soup, crackers, and maybe a salad
snack- fruit, milk
dinner- fruit, crackers, salad
lns- piece of bread with edges cut off and 1 tbsp peanut butter

And lemonade/iced tea throughout the day, but I have a lot of trouble getting in enough fluids
_Heather_
Il faut souffrir pour être belle

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story." -Barney Stinson/Neil Patrick Harris

Lost 169 lb before getting pregnant!
Mama to Aleksandar J.B., 11.26.11 <3 Now I know what true love REALLY is! <3
Chena83
on 6/22/11 4:19 am - Clarksville, IN
I had horrible MS. I have been able to eat for the last 2 weeks. I don't dump sooooooo..... I eat anything I can. I crave sweets and meats. I love meat. Funny how I chose chicken or a heath bar ths morning LOL. I'm happy that I can eat now.
furiosmommy
on 6/22/11 4:53 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the eating tips ladies. Of course carbs sound and go down way better than meat, but I'm trying to stay with my protein first and carbs second. I find I'm having to eat a little more frequently because I always feel hungry, but I have good restriction too so I get full fast. I've been snacking on nuts alot and trying to increase my water intake. That has been tricky though. I was having a hard time getting my 72oz before getting pg. One thing I can't get enough of right now is ricotta and spinach mixed together, like in a calzone! We got take out on Father's Day and I got a Calzone. I got 4 meals out of it (including one breakfast), but I couldn't get enough of the filling. I think I'll have to get some ricotta and spinach and skip the breading. Also, I want some dill pickle Pringles so bad! I ate so many cans of those when I was pg with my son and that was my first official craving this time around, that and Panda Express. See, I crave bad things lol. I'm glad I at least have my restriction to slow me down. I know I need to increase my carbs, but I also don't want to go overboard. Luckily, I don't crave sweets much at all anymore, so that might be my saving grace!

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test