8 days and shes home!!

chrissyemerald
on 7/1/11 6:51 am - Canada
Hey ladies! Just wanted to fill you in on this past 8 days since I told you about the emerg. csection and my beautiful little girl.
Well every day in the hospital was very painful for me. The buildup of gas was terrible...excruciating pain. I finally gave in and let them give me an enema (ewwww) but that night I was in heaven LOL. All the meanwhile we were back and forth from the NICU feeding Amber and giving her some much needed skin to skin and getting her to try and latch on. First couple of times was ok ya theres a boob in front of me....so what lol. My milk was just barely coming in as well. We chose to tube feed her since we were a bit nervous about nipple confusion. So I would get her to latch a few times to stimulate and then daddy would feed her and I would pump. We're quite the team. Her weight was going down a little each day for the first 4 daysm her highest being 4lbs 9oz and her lowest being 4lbs 3oz. But we upped her milk intake and went to bottle which she took to just like a champ and has been gaining steadily. My milk is coming in better every day, she's waiting for them to be on demand here i am kind of boobs i think, she latches well sometimes and others not so much depending on how tired she is. I'm not going to give up though. I don't want to have to keep pumping so much.
Today we went in to the NICU and talked to the doctor and she signed her dismissal papers. She has adapted really well so far. She was a bit off track with all the coming home commotion but once she had her mommy to snuggle into she finally rested and got herself back on track.  They welcomed us with a sign and balloons all up outside up my walk way and a little cake. It was really nice. Everyone is so excited :)
I'll post another couple of pictures later when I get them all loaded :)
Have a great day!
SHANNYN B.
on 7/1/11 7:02 am
awesome! so happy for you
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

Shanecia
on 7/1/11 7:23 am - Baltimore
that's wonderful, congratulations on your new bundle of joy
mandajolyn
on 7/1/11 12:41 pm - Tallahassee, FL
That's great news. Congrats! Hoping and praying she continues to thrive and stays healthy! So happy for you!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Chena83
on 7/2/11 2:44 am - Clarksville, IN
YEY!!!!!! congrats... It must feel good.
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views