Losing weight at almost 28 weeks?

angelrose
on 7/26/11 1:15 am - indio, CA
I went to the doctor last week and weighed 190 lbs which is a LOT for me. My start weight was 155. So at 27 weeks I'd gained 35 lbs, most of which (I think) is water weight as I've been very swollen in my legs and even face, hands and abdomen. This morning I weighed myself and I was 180 lbs. I am less swollen but still eating well. I've been maininting my caloric intake pretty good. I splurge now and then with a few cookies and a scoop of ice ceam but nothing crazy. I eat a lot of fruit and yogurt and during the work week I eat mostly lean cuisine at lunch. At night though I have pretty much whatever I want for dinner but try to go easy on the carbs. If I have a burger I'll only eat one side of the bun etc. So should I be concerned? A 10 lb weight loss in a week? Anyone else experience this? TIA.
tamiissunshine
on 7/26/11 3:05 am - Halsey, OR
Not to scare you, but if you're swelling in that much especially in your face and hands, you should call your doctor. That could be a sign of preeclampsia. I had pregnancy induced hypertension in my first pregnancy and they told me to watch out for hands and face to swell.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

angelrose
on 7/26/11 3:14 am - indio, CA

Yeah I had preeclampsia with my 10 year old which was pre WLS. That was actually my first suspicion too. I brought up the swelling several times to my OB (who also delivered my son) and my blood pressure is always normal?? I dunno. I'm just prone to bloat maybe :p At least that's what I'm going to blame my weight gain on anyway hahaha. Thanks! I see the doctor next week so they'll check me again for signs of preeclampsia and measure my uterus to see if she's growing okay. I'm just perplexed by this dramatic weight drop. I haven't had one this big in over a year.

tamiissunshine
on 7/26/11 3:58 am - Halsey, OR
Good. I'm glad you know about the signs. I would just hate to not say something to a post and then have the person have issues.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

angelrose
on 7/26/11 4:06 am - indio, CA
angelrose
on 7/26/11 4:07 am - indio, CA
Oh no I totally appreciate it. It's a common risk in overweight women which we all are/were. This pregnancy just feels so different from my first. I feel like a n00b :) I'm wondering too if the heat had anything to do with it. It was ridiculously hot and humid last week, even for Palm Springs, CA. And this week it's relatively nice (or nicer). Maybe I just swelled up a lot from that.
Chena83
on 7/27/11 12:34 am - Clarksville, IN
See that scares me. I do splurg, I didnt eat the 1st 4 months and now I am sooooo hungry. I hope the best for you.
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views