Have I ruined it?

trouble256
on 8/10/11 12:38 pm - Athens, AL
So I constantly feel like IM STARVING. I TRY to eat good foods, but I will be honest, Im not perfect and do LOVE/CRAVE my carbs from time to time. I am over two years out from RNY and I am worried pregnancy has ruined my tool.

Please, I NEED success stories with ideas of what to do AFTER baby gets here and I get breast feeding down again and all that. Please tell me I havent ruined my pouch and I am able to fix this horrible diet I have now?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Crazy* ~Beautiful
on 8/10/11 10:36 pm - East Haven, VT
You are not alone...I have been pregnant for practically a second but one of the big things I have noticed is that I never feel full, and my pouch can hold a lot of food.  Before I knew I was expecting, I was concerned that I broke my tool because I was always feeling hungry, but I have read on this board that it is pretty common to experience this during pregnancy.  I just try to remember the basics-lots of fluids, dense/protein rich foods, and lots of veggies to "fill" me up. 
Hopefully the healthy habits we formed during the early post-op stages will stick with us even tho we are starving/hormanal/growing mini-me's lol

Good luck!
RNY-7/22/2010-Highest weight 315 / Surgery weight 280 / Current weight 186
1st Goal weight 199~"one"derland-REACHED! 2nd Goal weight 180~-TO BE CONTINUED!
  1st 5K: 29.48-5/19/2011  2nd 5K: 26.47-7/16/2011
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
imnotknitting
on 8/11/11 1:51 am
When I was pregnant with Lorelai, I felt like I could eat A LOT and I was worried too. After she was born, I definitely went back to having to eat less. I could eat a lot more sugar/carbs when I was pregnant and then I went back to dumping again after she was born so had to cut back on them. I can't pomise that will happen with you, but it is possible. I am still 10 lbs heavier than when I got pregnant last time and just found out I am pregnant again (9 weeks). I kinda wanted to lose that 10 lbs before I got pregnant again, but I didn't really work very hard to do so. I just wanted to let you know there is hope with the whole eating thing.

Good luck!

Tina
Mommy to 2 of the most beauiful little girls in the whole universe and still in love with my hubby of 8 years. LIFE IS GOOD!
hockeybabe2u
on 8/11/11 4:36 am - Allegan, MI
It's not uncommon to be able to eat and tolerate more food/carbs/sugars while pregnant.  I found this to be true with my last pregnancy and again with this one.  I also gained most of my weight in the beginning of my pregnancies than in the middle and end.  With my last pregnancy I was over 4 years out from RNY and gained 30-35lbs and lost all but 8lbs at my 6 week check up.  However over the next 1.5 years I gained an additional 12lbs until I decided to get strict with myself and loose the excess weight (which I did, but gained back about 8 of those pounds before getting pregnant with this baby).  I did find that after having my last son, I was more restricted with what I could eat.....I was just making unhealthy choices and not being very active.  With this baby, I have gained 35lbs already and I'm only 29 weeks pregnant.  I know I will have excess weight to loose once the baby is born and I'm prepared to be strict with myself again and start exercising more!  Don't be scared that you ruined your pouch, you didn't!  Just try to remember that you only need 200-400 extra calories while pregnant and nursing and remember to eat good carbs (very important for baby), along with protein, veggies, fruit and lots of water!  If your able to control your food and be smart about what you eat, you should have no problems with your weight!  I find it very hard to not get into that "I'm eating for two" and eat more than I should or make poor food decisions, so I will deal with the consequences once the baby is born!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

trouble256
on 8/11/11 5:50 am - Athens, AL
THANKS!!  You all give me hope that I wont be a fat blob after having my babies.  This is our LAST baby so....after the breastfeeding has been established well I will be going back to the basics. As long as I am getting enough to sustain me and LO and keep up with the breast feeding Im gonna work my butt off to get this butt off! LOL

Thanks again ladies!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views