Caffeine??

funeebonez
on 11/8/11 12:30 am - Logan, UT
Silly question but, do any of you new moms drink Coffee or CLICK espresso protein powder????

I am about 6 wks into this pregnancy and Im still learning everything I can

Thanks!
onlyoneboy
on 11/8/11 12:35 am - St. Paul Park, MN
It's ok to have up to 300mg of caffine a day.  I start my morning with a 12oz coffee with steamed milk and a shot of carmel every morning.  I'm currently 18 weeks and baby is doing great.  There was not way I was going to give up my coffee.

funeebonez
on 11/8/11 12:48 am - Logan, UT
Thanks so much for your reply, I was a little nervous on how I was gonna handle this without my morning beverage
IamMrsMcDole
on 11/8/11 12:48 am - Anderson, IN
I drank dt coke and chai tea. I didn't give up caffeine but I did limit it. I had to have some caffeine I had a very hyper 1.5 year old. Now I have 2 under 2 so yes I still drink caffeine.
Jessica

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

funeebonez
on 11/8/11 12:49 am - Logan, UT
Thanks, and good luck to you and your lil' ones!! 
stacey0523
on 11/8/11 2:03 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I also drink caffine, I do try to limit it and some days I have more than other.  I am almost 34 weeks and little man is doing GREAT!
Total weight loss from highest known weight:   
Weight loss since surgery on June 8, 2010     
funeebonez
on 11/8/11 2:23 am - Logan, UT
Thanks so much!!  Glad you lil' man is great!!
Paula622
on 11/8/11 4:31 am
I'm currently enjoying my 3pm diet coke.  This has been my "big treat" throughout my pregnancy. I'm not looking forward to having to give it up after the baby comes, but a baby on the outside that is getting my caffeine (from nursing) is much more "real" than one on the inside, lol. 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

MusicMaryn
on 11/8/11 5:11 am - San Jose, CA
I'm pregnant from IVF so they are very cautious with me.  I was told absolutely no caffeine whatsoever because caffeine makes the blood vessels contract and it can also make your uterus contract.  This is not a good thing in very early stages of pregnancy while still in the risk of MC.  I was told after 12 wks I can go back to having 1 cup of caffeine per day.

None is the best thing as it eliminates that particular risk.  Hope that helps.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Jennifer H.
on 11/8/11 6:34 am - stockton, CA
I was told no caffeine tell after 12 weeks.When all the most important organs are forming and developing.My ob also says no to it but if I'm going to limit the amount.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1248 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 863 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1325 views