Had my procedure yesterday

jana_m_dowler
on 5/8/12 11:59 pm - Rockport, WV
I had my HSG done yesterday. Things didn't go as well as what we hoped for.
It was painful and very uncomfortable but my doctor is a saint and made me feel better.
My right tube is perfect, They dye went through.  My left one on the other hand is blocked.He tried his hardest to get the dye through. He wants to wait until my blood work comes back on my hormones and give it a couple cycles. So pretty much wait and see. I'm really glad I had the test done so that at least we know now what is going on. i could have just kept on trying and got more frustrated. He told me that having that test may help us conceive because it cleans out the pipes.  So we are just going to keep on keepin on. Thats all I can do. He thinks I may have endometrial tissue blocking it. I had a little cramping and some bleeding which I expected.

Thanks for reading

Jana
TraceyC
on 5/9/12 2:12 am - DFW, TX
So EVERY other month you are fertile myrtle! Now you know for sure when to try and you're not stuck having to do THAT all the time!! (look at it as a blessing! lol). SO glad you got the answers you've been looking for. Now you just need to get the timing down....OPK's are a God send for that.  GOOD LUCK!  

Tracey

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

jana_m_dowler
on 5/9/12 3:30 am - Rockport, WV
You made me laugh! :)  I know I am grateful that I have 1 good tube. I plan on using that OPK again this month. It's been a couple of weeks since we have had any bedroom fun. So we have some catching up to do 

It just wasn't the news that I was hoping for but I know that it will happen. Just may take longer than we like
MeliT
on 5/9/12 3:34 am - Miami, FL
 at least you know whats going on! its so much better to know that there's an issue and you're not crazy or broken. sounds like you have a good doc that wants to help. thats awesome!! good luck!!

Nikki M.
on 5/9/12 1:34 pm
Aww Jana, I'm sorry :(
HSG's are not fun :( And I'm sorry you got bad news about one of your tubes. Its helpful to have a good attitude about what you do have going for you... but its also totally normal and healthy to be upset about your blocked tube. I only have one tube now too. We got pregnant right away with the help of a wonderful reproductive specialst. I hope things work just as well for you :)

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tuckergirl
on 5/10/12 12:18 pm - Canada
Thinking of you!
I remember that dye test and it was NOT fun. :(
I'm always surprised by God's timing, and KNOW there's something amazing planned for you! 
Hoping the Dr's can see something that they can solve or give an idea of what they can do to clear the tube.  

Ticker id: tnRU

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views