My baby shower w/Pics!

Nikki M.
on 7/17/12 2:11 am, edited 7/17/12 2:22 am
My baby shower was on Saturday! It was so fun! My good friend and sister helped throw it with the help of several other friends. About 30 people came! We rented a room at our local Senior Center (the same building I got married in 3 years ago) and it was very nice, and sentimental :) The theme was "Little Man Malcolm" and there were mustaches and ties on lots of the decor. The colors were blue and red. To eat there was egg salad tea sandwiches, fruit, and veggies with dip. For dessert there was a milk and cookies bar! So cute! And tasty :)
There were a couple of games. One was a baby matching game with a game board. Similar to the game "Memory." If you matched two of the correct words, like epidural, epidural, you won! The prizes were candy that matched! So for epidural, the candy prize was a pack of lifesavers! It was so cute! We also played the guess the belly size game, with ribbon, not measuring tape ;) and then present bingo. The prizes for the last 2 were bath and body works items :) There was a diaper raffle and the prize for that was a really nice bath and body works gift set.

I got a bunch of great gifts! Lots of clothes... this kid seriously is not going to wear all of his clothes! I also got blankets, bibs, some baby toys, a couple of hand made items, a couple gift cards, books, and some small items from my registry. And a beautiful homemade quilt made by a great friend and co-worker of mine!
The only damper on the day was that 3 days prior I saw my OB and was put on "house rest." So I tried to stay sitting for the majority of the shower. I really wanted to be up and mingling! I was having really intense Braxton Hicks contractions from the excitement, but made it through! I have been taking it super easy since then and feeling good :) 
Here are some pics!

Cookie Bar:

Motorcycle monkey diaper creation:
Lots of presents and "my chair!"

Handmade quilt for Malcolm!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MeliT
on 7/17/12 6:38 am - Miami, FL
 first of all, you look soooo fantastic!! :) 2nd of all i love the spread!!! yummy! and cute too! and the quilt omg how sweet! what a great shower :)

victoria3
on 7/17/12 6:56 am - Douglassville, PA
That quilt is soooo cute!

Celia S.
on 7/17/12 7:30 am - Grand Junction, CO
Looks and sounds like a great time! :)
L2D
on 7/18/12 2:55 am - Canada
Little Malcolm really cleaned up with the gifts! LOL..looks like you had a great time! I absolutely love the quilt!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/12 5:52 am
Uber cute! Your soo close!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views