Maternity photo shoot

Nikki M.
on 7/27/12 5:43 pm
A good friend of mine is an amature photographer and offered to take a bunch of maternity pictures for me! They turned out really well! Here are a few of my favorites :) I was 36.5 weeks along when these were taken (today!) Getting close! I even let her take pictures of me in a bra.... It's crazy how things change after WLS!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LogansMommy
on 7/27/12 10:06 pm - Marietta, GA
Oh My!
They are super nice!
I love seeing the heart on your belly & his little shoes!
36 already~ yippy...soon a little fella will be getting his picture with you!
I used a lot of !!! but this is exciting!!!
Take care~ try to rest during that nesting Cheri
MeliT
on 7/28/12 2:11 am - Miami, FL
 first of all you look so beautiful. and the top picture just happens to be my fav. :) i'm sooooo happy for you nikki! i can't believe you're already so far along!!!! so exciting!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/12 7:42 am
I love the pics, they are soo good! I love your belly! Did you have plastics before getting pg or did u not have a panny? I would never have known you had wls if it wasn't for the scars, and even then they are supppper faint! I guess we all fear (OK, I really fear) looking fat NOT pregnant. Definitely not your case! enjoy these last couple of weeks mama!
Celia S.
on 7/28/12 7:49 am - Grand Junction, CO
Love the pics, Nikki! They turned out awesome and you look great! Almost to the finish line! :)
Nikki M.
on 7/28/12 1:33 pm, edited 7/28/12 1:34 pm
Thanks guys! I am very self conscience of my body and I do have a pani and lots of extra skin on my arms, stomach, thighs... and my poor flattened breasts. It's amazing what the right bra and a good camera angle will do! These pics were not photo shopped, thats why you can see my surgery scars and stretch marks. The sunlight was directly on me so it bleached out the color somewhat. I also have faint stretch marks on my arms and shoulders, but those are harder to see in the pics. My pani is just below my pants waist. If I were to pull it out, you would see a big hanging flap of skin. It has really added to the discomforts of being pregnant and carrying a baby! The reason why there are no photos of me sitting down is because I lose the preggo belly and it morphs into a giant fat roll instead. I promised myself from the begining that no matter what I looked like while pregnant I would cheri**** I didn't have a noticeable bump at all until nearly 30 weeks. Even now it is not always very noticeable depending on what I'm wearing.
My best advice is to cherish and capture the way you look pregnant because someday you will want to look back on it, and your child will want to see what he/she looked like in your belly :) Bodies really are amazing and beautiful no matter what!
And someday, if I ever have the money, I would like a body lift. Mainly for the comfort of not having hanging skin. I want to lose some more weight first though :)

Sarah V.
on 7/31/12 8:02 am
Love these!  The one on the swing is my favorite.  I also had the pani hanging under my bump but it was hidable with the right undergarments and creativity!  I didn't take maternity pictures until a week before my LO was born and I'm so glad I did it.  As much as I dreaded being in front of the camera, I knew I would regret it if I didn't do it.  I still love to look at them and I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to understand that's her in there!

Lap Band September 2007 / Slip discovered March 2014 after significant regain / Revised to VSG April 29, 2014

Nikki M.
on 8/1/12 1:47 am
Yes! Exactly Sarah! I was wanting to wait as long as possible to take maternity pics in order for my belly to be full size, but with threatened pre-term labor I figured I better just do it while i had the chance at 36 weeks! That's awesome you got some so close to your due date!

jana_m_dowler
on 7/29/12 10:48 pm - Rockport, WV
I LOVE ALL OF THESE PICS NIKKI! You look fabulous.
I can't wait to have pictures like this. You are right about your baby bump. No matter what it looks like you should cheri**** because it is a gift from God .

Jana
Rekeca
on 7/31/12 2:33 am - NC
the pictures are gorgeous. Congratulations
Cherise

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test