Anyone started out with Clomid without success?

jessann5
on 2/6/13 11:48 pm - Kansas City, KS

Did any of you take Clomid before trying IUI or other more invasive treatments?  I start Clomid for the first time this cycle and I am curious as to how many people have tried it first without success and then progressed on to more aggressive treatments like Injections, IUI, or IVF

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/13 12:01 am
My first cycle I took 50mg and it was ineffective. The second round I took 100mg and though my progesterone levels were good I did not get pg. I just started seeing an RE and once all the testing is done we will come up with a game plan. I don't believe she is going to want to do injectables, but who knows. We really don't want to do an an IUI unless we KNOW I am ovulating and I haven't gotten pg after a couple of months. Good luck! I hope clomid works for you! I am going to ask about fremara bc I think it would work better for me. I have a short cycle and clomid has done nothing to even lengthen it. Please keep us updated 8)
ashwarren
on 2/7/13 12:03 am

I did about 6 cycles of Clomid before my surgery.  It did help with my ovulation, but did not result in pregnancy.  The major issue I had with the Clomid was that it caused cyst every time.  In between each round, I'd have to be back on birth control for a month or two to shrink the cyst. 

HW: 240 SW: 227       
cryspyx
on 2/7/13 1:04 am - Hartford, CT

i did roughly six cycles with clomid. 50mg and 100mg i didn't ovulate at all. (i have PCOS) i was moved over to femara/letrozole because a) no results and b) clomid was making me crazy. after three cycles we tried IUI and i conceived on the first treatment.

Stacey D.
on 2/7/13 8:26 am - Harrisonburg, VA

First pregnancy I had to use clomid; did four cycles with 50, dr. went up to 100; however, I had to skip a cycle because of timing and in that month where I took 0 I got pregnant.  With that said, the dr. still suspected the clomid made my cycles work...

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

Alice P.
on 2/7/13 9:47 am

1st 2 pregnancies were on 1st cycle of clomid 50mg, 3rd pregnancy had to go up to 100 mg to ovulate and took 3 cycles to get pregnant--all these were pre op.  Post op ovulated on my own.

But my identical twin sister did not ovulate on Clomid at any dose and ended up with injections and IUI to get her 3 kids.

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Nikki M.
on 2/7/13 12:02 pm

I did 2 rounds of 50 mg of clomid and one round of 100 mg of clomid and I ovulated each time but had a higher progesterone level after the 100 mg round. However, I didn't concieve after the 3rd round and my OB would only give it to me 3 times. I only have one tube due to a previous ectopic pregnancy so that could have had something to do with not getting pregnant also if it was on the wrong side. I got pregnant the first month I did injects with IUI. I want to try clomid again for baby number 2. Maybe clomid with IUI... I'm so worried about having multiples with the injects! We were actually pregnant with twins and lost one early on from the injects.

Good luck!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

erint
on 2/10/13 11:49 am - Dyersburg, TN
I did three rounds of clomid with no success in ovulating. I then went to a RE who put me on Femara 150mg...January was my first round and resulted in a pregnancy however I miscarried. Go back to see the RE tuesday to see what to do now.
Surgery Date: 01/27/11

TraceyC
on 2/11/13 1:46 am - DFW, TX

Sorry- big hug! Praying for a good visit tomorrow.

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Rekeca
on 2/11/13 4:56 am - NC

I did about 4-5  cycles of clomid, up to the highest dosage and it didn't result in pregnancy. I only ovulated once but didn't result in pregnancy. I used Letrizole for 3 months I did have small follicles but it didn't result in pregnancy. Now Hubby and I aren't doing anything. We are taking a break from trying.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views