update and a question

Meginsf
on 12/5/12 2:22 am, edited 12/5/12 2:36 am - WA

Miss Amelia is now 9 1/2 months old. Shes doing so well. Crawling, standing and taking a few steps and jabbering away. She likes to sit back and watch she doesnt say much when we are out in publi****il she warms up to new people.

Anyway Im still nursing her and have stayed on a well rounded diet so she gets what she needs. I have recently weighed myself and saw that i gained 7 pounds from when i gave birth to her. i know its not a lot but its more then what i want to see. So is it safe for me to go on the high protein diet while nursing?

Sorry i couldnt get the picture to work

Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Alice P.
on 12/5/12 3:18 am

I am assuming you mean high protein low carb diet?? I don't know if low carb is permitted but there is no reason why you can't do high protein.   How much is she nursing now?  Is she eating solids as well?

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Paula622
on 12/5/12 3:29 am

The wonderful thing about our bodies, is that if there is something you're not eating, it will find a way to give that to baby from you.  With that in mind, I never worried too much about what I ate while nursing.  I think it should be fine to low carb.  As long as your supply doesn't drop, it is probably not harming anything.

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Time_for_Monica
on 12/6/12 8:04 am - Levittown, NY

Congrats on your baby :0 ) You've gotta post pics! Dont worry about the weight right now just worry about getting the nutrition to get your baby the best breast milk you can give.

Lilypie - (kDs2) Lilypie - (Ukoq)                            
  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views