Maternity pants

Alice P.
on 12/4/12 8:58 pm

What are your favorite maternity pants?? And why?

Are you finding pants that stay up all day with out stretching out and falling down??

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

cryspyx
on 12/4/12 10:03 pm - Hartford, CT

i have a silly question regarding maternity clothing. is it necessary to get maternity clothing if i was once really big and still have those clothes floating aound? is there a difference between maternity and just being really fat from before? i've lost somewhere in the area of 150 pounds at this point. i still have a lot of the old size 28 and 30 pants. i'm a size 22 now, so would the old clothing work or do i need to actually get what is called maternity clothes?

Paula622
on 12/4/12 10:38 pm

They're totally different, especially pants.  Bigger pants are bigger everywhere, maternity just has the extra room in the belly.  So, unless you're ok with wearing really baggy clothes, you're probably best buying some maternity wear.  I thought I could at least use my old shirts, but the shoulders were so wide that everything just looked ridiculous. 

OP: I hate all maternity pants.  None seem to stay up on me!  First pregnancy I wore a lot with the super high belly to help round things out, second pregnancy I just wore regular low waist jeans the entire time.  I think it just a matter of finding what is most comfortable for you.

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

cryspyx
on 12/5/12 12:54 am - Hartford, CT

Drat. Alright thanks for the heads up :)

Alice P.
on 12/5/12 3:11 am

I agree with Paula about the size of clothes!

Alice P.
on 12/5/12 3:12 am

I have been wearing the low rise ones but some of my favorites of those had only elastic in the back and are starting to be uncomfortable--but only 1 of the high pants I have seems to stay up! 

Stacey D.
on 12/4/12 10:45 pm - Harrisonburg, VA

I am at 17 weeks and just can't fit into most of my regular pants for the last 2ish weeks.  I have a belly band that I wear with some of my maternity ones.  I found that those without the huge belly pocket work best right now with the belly band.  I also have some pants from right after my last pregnancy that are still fitting that are couple sizes bigger than I would normally wear.  Unfortunately though, I have very few that don't stretch and start to come down on me, esp since my hips are getting wider, but my stomach is just barely popping.... Good luck finding cloths that fit int his in between phase ...once you start filling in the maternity belly pants it gets a little better...

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

Alice P.
on 12/5/12 3:15 am

I can't believe you are just now starting in maternity pants!! I was out of my normal pants at 9 weeks and don't like the belly band ones.  I have been wearing the low rise maternity pants but they are starting to not work for me and I am switching to the high ones but only one of those that I have stays up consistently!  I have one of the in between ones with like half a band that I like but i just wondered what everyone else is doing!  My 1st 2 pregnancies were 10 and 12 yrs ago and the only option was maternity pants with full panels then!

Stacey D.
on 12/6/12 3:15 am - Harrisonburg, VA

Yes, I carry really really high due to my tummy tuck  6 years ago...so if my hips didn't expand I probably would still be fitting for a bit longer.  Most people are shocked when I tell them I am as far along as I am.  When I went for my ultrasound on Tues, the woman said, "You are how far along"?  And then looked at me like I was crazy when I repeated myself...there is good and bad to it..because you don't see a large round belly I don't look preggo, and ppl just think I am gaining weight....But good thing...when I had my lil girl before it wasn't much to get back into my old cloths because everything just deflated ...lol

Let me know if you find those magical pants, because I want some!  Stacey

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

TraceyC
on 12/5/12 4:23 am - DFW, TX

My favorites ended up being from the Gap. They stayed nice looking too. I noticed that the elastic part of my Motherhood Maternity pants started unraveling towards the end. At MM they give you a pillow to put in the elastic part to see if they'll fit towards the end. Gap didn't have that, but I think the Gap ones fit better even in the bigger stages and stayed up better so it was a "wash" as far as the fitting. MM has some very cute shirts and sweaters. Nothing is cheap. I bought a black pair, 2 different khaki pairs, two jeans, khaki capris and white capris and just did lots of washing. I also had 4 dresses that I cycled through.

FWIW: I never found underwear that didn't drive me crazy. Good luck on that!

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views