How often do you eat and how do you deal with the cravings?

Alice P.
on 12/7/12 12:35 am

I'm 19  weeks and ever since the morning sickness passed I feel hungry what seems like all the time!!!

So am I alone? how often do you eat?  What do you do with all the cravings for bad things??

Would you mind sharing what you eat in a typical day now?

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Time_for_Monica
on 12/7/12 1:02 am - Levittown, NY

Congrats!! I'm glad that the morning sickness passed that really is the worst cheekyI know exactly how you feel about being hungry all the time . .I eat and then feel hungry again right away. What are the bad things that you have been craving?? Right in the beginning of my pregnancy I was craving mallomars soooooooo bad and I had to give in. Now I do give in once in a while but I don't think my cravings have been that bad.. . lol well I have had cravings for pizza and rice and beans and pumpkin pie  and I do still eat everything but in moderation of course. For breakfast I make sure to eat something that is high in fiber, I love cereal so frosted mini wheats are my favorite and they are pretty high in fiber.

Lilypie - (kDs2) Lilypie - (Ukoq)                            
  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Alice P.
on 12/7/12 1:36 am

My cravings vary but it's always some form of carbs--one day cheetos, another day pasta, another day cookies--and while I have always allowed everything in moderation these craving**** me more often and are going beyond moderation!

Even though I still eat protein every meal I still feel hungry every 2-3 hrs-- my am protein shake use to hold me till lunch but now by 10am I am hungry and then want lunch by 12 pm.  I still drink plenty between meals and get at least 100ozs water a day.

AngelNichole
on 12/7/12 1:16 am, edited 12/7/12 1:17 am - OH
RNY on 02/21/12

I eat every two to three hours. I always do protein with every meal. I have been craving Ice cream. So I buy Fat free sugar free whipped cream and freeze it and eat it taste like ice cream to me just not as good lol.. Ive been craving carbs latley. I got some Peanutbutter filled pretzels and I eat like 10 nuggets a day sometimes .. I have also been on a turkey nacho binge latly which has good protein but alot of carbs from the tortilla chips but The baby has to have some carbs to be healthy. Other than that I stick to Lean meats veggies and Fruits .. I dont drink juice just  water and milk and doing that I stay full for the 3 hours inbetween meals!. One of my favorite meals that keeps me full for ever is .. Turkey peperoni in a bowl with pizza sauce and Mozzerella cheese Stick in the microwave for two mins and Vwala It keeps me full for a very long time.. Are you able to eat alot more since being pregnant? I feel like my pouch has streched will it go back to normal?

Alice P.
on 12/7/12 1:39 am

I can totally eat WAY more since being pregnant and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat I am hungry 2 hrs later--I also seem to be having unpredictable RH episodes so sometimes I eat not because I'm hungry but because my blood sugar dropped.

I was told it's the hormone that permits our bodies to stretch that stretches our pouches during pregnancy and I was told restriction will return some time after the baby is born.

cryspyx
on 12/7/12 3:05 am - Hartford, CT

i eat every two to three hours, roughly six small meals/snacks a day. a typical day for me, for example today i had peanut butter with apples and milk for breakfast, an egg beater and nitrate free sausage burrito after going to the gym, a bit of leftover chicken parm from last night for lunch, a roast beef, swiss cheese, and spinach wrap for a afternoon snack, i'll have some yogurt before dinner and then some homemade split pea and ham soup. if i'm hungry later in the evening i'll make myself a protein fruit smoothie. i typically drink 2% milk about 30 minutes after my meals. i can't tolerate skim or 1% since getting pregnant.

as for cravings, most of my cravings thus far have been around beef and sweets, meats like greasy big macs from mcdonalds. i don't eat the big macs, but i will eat a stoufffers stuffed pepper. while not fantastic, far better than a big mac. as for sweets, i use sugar free chocolate mix it with fat free ice cream or yogurt and make myself milk shakes which cover the cravings and aren't quite so bad for me.

Alice P.
on 12/7/12 4:12 am

I can't do the sugar free stuff--the sugar alcohols make me terribly sick!

cryspyx
on 12/7/12 10:04 am - Hartford, CT

if i over do the sugar free products yeah they're vile. as long as i keep it minimal it's not too bad. i try not to mess with sugar free too much, aside from my chocolate syrup and my pancake syrup because those are two items i use minimally anyhow.

Alice P.
on 12/7/12 10:15 am

Pretty much any amount of sugar alcohols make me sick--I am fine with splenda but not anything with sugar alcohols

HamDan
on 12/10/12 10:43 am - NY
I eat every 2-3 hours. I still dump, so no sweets. But I eat anything else I want. I am 27 weeks with twins and havent gained any weight. But i was also about 1 month post op when I got pregnant. I still have to watch myself, sometimes I over eat and get horrible pains!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views