Nursing bra

Alice P.
on 3/18/13 10:59 pm

What is your favorite nursing bra?? And are you wearing your pre-pregnancy size or how different?

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

IamMrsMcDole
on 3/19/13 1:30 am - Anderson, IN
I love love love bravado silk seamless nursing bra. I wore it from the time I got a bump till I was done nursing. They are worth every single penny!!!! I had 5-6 of them. They have the best support fir a wireless bra. No saggy boobs. Buy 1 bigger size then u normally wear. I should wear a large but with my milk xl fit perfect.
Jess

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Alice P.
on 3/19/13 4:33 am

That's the same bra someone else I know swears by!  Where did you buy yours?

IamMrsMcDole
on 3/20/13 10:22 am - Anderson, IN
I loved mine!! Still wear them when I want to have easy days. Haha I got mine on the Bravado website. Some targets sell the generic bravado's. You can even look on Ebay. If u wash and line dry them 2-3 would do. I have bought at least 20 different nursing bras and I swear by bravado. I also liked Medela sleep bra. They were loose and comfy at bedtime. I breastfed 2 babies, each for over a year. I also loved lansinoh nursing pads. Only ones that held my leaks and didn't stink. I changed them often but playtex stunk and the cloth ones leaked. Any more questions just ask.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Paula622
on 3/19/13 3:55 am

Just as every woman will have a favorite "regular" bra, I'm sure every one will have a different favorite nursing bra.  I hated them all!  I'm an avid underwire fan which really limited my choices.  I felt like I had shapeless old man boobs in everything I tried.  With my first baby, my nursing bra was at least two sizes bigger than my pre pregnancy bra.  With the second, it was about the same size as pre pregnancy.  Eventually, after the second kid, I was so frustrated with my choices that I turned my favorite bra into a nursing bra myself.  My biggest advice is to find a store where you can try them on.  If you order them online, make sure they have free return shipping so you don't spend a fortune on shipping if you're not happy with them.  I think the general rule is that by 37 or so weeks, you can shop and just accommodate for a little extra growing room.  Good luck!

PS Don't let lactation consultants scare you away from underwires if that is what you like.  That is all I wore for 9 and 11 months of nursing and I never had a single issue (knock on wood).  My sis wore soft cups and had mastitis all the time, so it clearly isn't a cut and dry case of blaming the bra.  You need to be comfortable AND feel good about the way you look!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Alice P.
on 3/19/13 4:35 am

Thanks for the insight---with my last 2 babies, pre-wls I just wore very loose cotton sports bras but since surgery I have been wearing underwire bras and wondered what underwire nursing bras would be like since most of them are not underwire.  I did buy a style at kohls that I have been testing but it's a racerback so doesn't work with all clothing!

Celia S.
on 3/19/13 10:09 am - Grand Junction, CO

I found a decent underwire nursing bra at Target. Not sure of the brand, though. I bought one cup size up, same band size.

Lianne C.
on 3/20/13 2:11 pm - Garden City, MI
I love my medela nursing bras. And I was a lot larger when nursing then I was pre pregnancy and even during pregnancy. I went from a D to a EEE, I waited to buy the bras till after my milk came in.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views