Lap Band Port pain after pregnancy

midwiferywoman
on 4/6/13 6:26 am
VSG on 12/04/15

Looking for some insight . . 

I gave birth 7 weeks ago.  I had the Lap Band surgery 3 years ago.  Never had any problems. No discomfort with the band or port during pregnancy.  But since I gave birth, I have had these random episodes of pain at my port site that last a couple days usually.  It kinda feels like the port is digging into my ribs or my hip bone.  Has anyone else experienced this?  

I don't know if it's from carrying my baby girl around constantly or what.  It just feels like its out of place  . . . maybe it will get back to normal once my abs are back to normal?  

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!
Marci

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit" -Aristotle
SW: 237lbs | Lap Band Feb 2010 | LW: 188lbs | Post op baby Feb 2013 | July 2015 slipped band diagnosed | Oct 2015 band port eroded through adominal wall | 10/20/15 lap band removed | Regained to 215lbs | VSG: 12/4/2015 | LW: 148lbs but settled around 154lbs | Post-op baby #2 born Jan 2018 | CW: 160lbs

SassySamara
on 4/7/13 3:35 am - San Antonio, TX

I had RNY so maybe not the best person to answer your question, but I did think the same as you, that maybe the port has become displaced. With the baby growing and moving around, kicking, delivery, etc it would seem likely. Are you able to schedule an appt with your surgeon or a gastro doc to have it checked out?

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

TraceyC
on 4/8/13 12:13 am - DFW, TX

I had port pain DURING the pregnancy but not after. I would go get it checked out. Does it feel like it's in place? I can palpate mine and feel the circle and all. Mine didn't move but the tubing came undone either with the pregnancy or all the surgeries I had afterwards. I wish I had been more proactive from the beginning. I fought so hard to loose the weight and then let a bunch slide back on because I didn't realize I wasn't keeping the saline in from the leak.

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1238 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 861 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1322 views