IVF Question on follicles

addict05
on 5/15/13 3:26 am - IL

Hi, I am going through IVF and am scheduled for my egg retrieval this weekend, however I was told my follicles are not ready and have barely grown.  What does this mean?  Is it possible it could be canceled? Can they shoot up before then?  How worried should I be?

deemyers
on 5/15/13 3:56 am
VSG on 02/05/13

Your follicles are were your eggs grow - It means that your eggs are not mature  enough to be retrieved. It means that your cycle will probably be extended and egg retrieval delayed until the follicles grow to a certain size. They may up your dosage of meds to see if they can get it to grow faster...but you should talk to your doctor to see what your next steps are. Everyone is different and responds to meds differently as well.

jessann5
on 5/21/13 10:53 pm - Kansas City, KS

Sorry you are going through this :(

I understand the follicle not growing, I have been having difficulty with that myself. I have not done IVF yet, but I am on meds Clomid, Estrodil, and HCG and I did IUI last cycle with no luck. My follicles have been too small as well. The biggest one I had was 17 and the doctor said ideally he would like to see a 22.

My meds were increased this cycle so I go for another ultrasound today to see if anything has grown. I sure hope so because the side effects of these meds are giving me horrible hot flashes, headaches, EXTREME exhaustion....like words fail me to describe the level of tired I have been these past two weeks.

Hang in there :)

Sending best wishes your way!

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

jessann5
on 5/21/13 11:12 pm - Kansas City, KS

Sorry just an after though.....

I am just curious if you did any other fertility treatments before the IVF?  And if so what kinds?

Just wondering as IVF is not out of the question for myself in the future.

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

addict05
on 5/23/13 11:21 pm - IL

No I went straight to IVF because my tubes are tied.  My follies ended up shooting up thank God.  Thanks for the good wishes.  I had the embryo transfer on Wed and everything went well.  Will find out next Fri if I am Prego.

law2003
on 6/1/13 3:08 pm - Portage, IN

I went through IVF after surgery.  I was extremely discouraged and could not afford the treatments.  Nurse suggested I try Gustafasen I think it is spelled it is in Mucinex.  I bought a bottle of Mucinex and I was pregnant in one month.  In thins mucus like when u have a cold or allergies so it allows the sperm to get to the egg easier.  I used during ovulation week.  I also passed the bottle along and it got two other friends from work pregnant as well who were trying for months through fertility.  It was crazy.  I could not believe how it helped the process.  Good luck in the future.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1257 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1335 views