Dee_Caprini’s Posts

Dee_Caprini
on 5/22/20 3:15 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

My girls will dress my husband up... IN EVERYTHING. AT THE SAME TIME... He's a good sport, especially when the wigs and fairy wings come out.

The things that grow from their imagination and the stories they tell are wonderfully fantastic! We'll cherish these moments for sure!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/22/20 10:42 am
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO FRIDAY) Menu, RNYers?

The Table/desk Grim built is perfect! The most we've done for the house if try to tackle to weeds on our 1/2 acre property... little by little!

B: Oikos Zero Vanilla Yogurt and a slice of French Toast

L: Veggie Patty Lettuce Wrap

D: Not sure yet

Snack: Jerky, Ham slices and mixed nuts

QOTD: Stores are out of most meats, dairy, baking (Flour/Yeast)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/21/20 3:22 pm

I think I will have to add that to my list of recipes to try, sooner, rather than later!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/21/20 10:43 am

What is crack chicken and can I come live with you?

Dee_Caprini
on 5/21/20 10:42 am

QOTD: For an establishment that is family-friendly you would think there would be more toys on the floor... It's nice that the Management has a lot of patience when some of the other guests have gotten a bit unruly. There were witnesses of bribes so that the other guests could get some quiet time. Beds are comfortable and the walls are currently displayed with abstract artwork. Meals are hot and cooked to order. Although, you may have to close your eyes when you eat because there may be a toy in the goulash soup that one of the little chefs prepares for you. Each room is geared to a different age group. Example: You can be anything you want to be when you stay in the Dress-up Room.

That was the best I could do. lol

Breakfast: Bowl of Fruit and Greek Yogurt
Lunch: Turkey and Ham Rollups with Tillamook Cheese
Dinner: Rotisserie Chicken from Costco and leftover veggies from the smoker from earlier this week
Snack: Jerky, String Cheese and possibly some animal crackers 1/2 serving) if I get a sweet tooth.

Dee_Caprini
on 5/20/20 3:42 pm
Topic: RE: Good morning, back here after a long time !

Welcome back! I have been a "lurker" for quite some time... but then decided to join the club and created a user name to start posting this year. I really enjoy the daily meal/accountability threads and it gives me some ideas, though recently, I have been quite accustomed to eating in one spot (not my kitchen table) and out of the bag (not portioning) and it's showing... Though, I still fit in my jeans... they are just a little tight

Best of luck on the RNY side!!!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/20/20 10:45 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Your post today is perfect... I think we all picked the wrong year to quit stress eating!

B: Blended Ice, 1/4c water, 3/4 c Fairlife Nonfat Milk and Fit365 Vanilla Shake and trying to lose my little bit of quarantine regain

L: Making a Ham and Cheese lettuce wrap with mustard only

D: Chicken and smoked veggies (broccoli, green beans, bell peppers, onion and garlic)

S: String Cheese

I watched the trials for Gabriel Fernandez... It made me really upset at the system that so many people were responsible and tried to take action, and those that were supposed to protect him failed.

We are working on weeds outside so hopefully, that will get my heart pumping!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/19/20 4:08 pm
Topic: RE: Sugar

SAH= Stay At Home

I have always been told it is not a race... you are not standing still, but moving... just make sure it's in the right direction!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/19/20 3:42 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

B: 2 Eggs

L: Leftover Edamame Pasta with homemade meat sauce (Ground Beef, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, petite diced tomatoes, cilantro, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, a splash of pumpkin spice, and a few TBS of Tomato Paste)

D: Meat Loaf, Cauliflower Rice and Mixed Veggies

S: String Cheese, a few squares of ChocZero White Chocolate, and a bowl of Fruit.... not all at the same time

QOTD: My Death by Google is from Dog Allergies...

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/19/20 3:36 pm
Topic: RE: Sugar

I am in the same boat you are! I just want to eat! I have regained about 5-7 pounds and I don't want more than that... I just lost the 20 I was working on before the SAH orders were issued!!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/15/20 1:14 pm

I want that green view!!! Beautiful!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/15/20 1:13 pm

I am so very sorry to hear about your brother. Sending you my condolences and lots of virtual hugs.

Dee_Caprini
on 5/15/20 11:35 am

I am doing my best to come out of this quarantine as hunky as I can! but the scale has not moved! I have been wearing my compression legging and feeling a bit better, so that's good. I had no idea that wearing compression garments could make me feel better, less "heavy".

Breakfast: Protein Shake

Snack: Stick of Colby jack cheese

Lunch: Folio Cheese wrap with 2 slices of Turkey, a strip of bacon, 1/8 avocado, a TB Mayo

Snack: Bowl of Fruit and Greek Yogurt

Dinner: Extra Firm Tofu, Broccoli, Onions, Garlic, tossed in a little Grapeseed Oil and Lo Sodium Soy Sauce and a little of All-Purpose Seasoning... Bake for about 45 min... soooo Yummy!

QOTD: Good Ol' California Accent here... meaning, I don't have one but I do catch myself filling blank spaces with "Like" or "So"

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/14/20 3:21 pm

Guessing today is a carb day because it's all I want!

Breakfast: Malt-o-Meal with 1/4 c of shredded cheese... tastes like cheesy toast with a sunny side up egg on the side

Snack: 1 Celery stalk with 1TBS Peanut Butter

Lunch: The girls wanted a corn dog so momma had one too.

Snack: String Cheese

Dinner: Ground beef taco salad... green leaf lettuce, avocado, slaw (Cabbage, carrots, red & green onion) a little bit of cheese and a lime vinaigrette

Honestly, I have not been to a movie in over 10 years... I have waited until they came out on TV, but we watch a lot of cooking shows

I think the last one I read that I can remember is into a movie/s is the Hunger Games... read those first

Dee_Caprini
on 5/14/20 10:38 am
Dee_Caprini
on 5/12/20 3:23 pm, edited 5/12/20 8:24 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Hey everyone! Today has been a good one... trying to move more around the house... seeing little things that need to be done here and there are piling up on my "Honey-do List"

I am extremely scared about things reopening again. I have several people in my life who are immunocompromised and pray that they don't catch anything. My younger sister has the superman complex that nothing can touch her and she is T1D... And as of right now, she doesn't really take the best care of herself as she is living her best 27-year-old life. All I can do is pray for her.
My mother keeps suggesting we go see her "socially distant style" to my brother's vacant home (which has a pool) and honestly, I don't want to go because I am having a difficult time because I won't even get to hug my own mom, my girls won't get to hug their grandmother. It's hard to explain to two small children everything that is going on in the world today so we've decided to stay home. Mind you, she and my brother's vacant home are 45 minutes away. Makes me very upset when I tell her that I don't want to drive 45 min away just to go swimming and to wave at her... we are doing our best to keep the girls busy and that is working for us.

Allergies are kicking my arse as well... hoping all of this wind will let up soon!

Breakfast: 1 hard-boiled egg + 1/4 avocado

Snack: Gold Fish Crackers and Turkey Jerky

Lunch: 5 oz Ground beef with Taco seasoning, Cabbage, Carrots, Red Onion, 1/4 Avocado and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese topped with a homemade Chipotle Lime vinaigrette (it was bomb)

Snack: another hard-boiled egg

Dinner: Foil Chicken and Broccoli with red potatoes off the smoker

QOTD: I think I am a genuine person. I tend to see the best in people, even when they have done me wrong so I think my positive outlook is pretty welcoming, is what (I feel) people's first impression of me is.

Dee_Caprini
on 5/11/20 10:49 am
Topic: RE: IBS or other issues?

I now have gallstones, so I have experienced some discomfort after eating... I just haven't quite figured out what causes the pain. I also double in pain if I ate too fast or too much.

HalaB explained the IBS issues perfectly!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/11/20 10:42 am
Topic: RE: Scales and beef jerky?

I got a scale from Fit Track. A friend of mine attended the conference this past year and shared a code from one of their handouts so I got it for $60... really love it. It breaks down everything to my phone.

As we speak, I am munching on Turkey Jerky from Kirkland. Not spicy at all.

Dee_Caprini
on 5/8/20 3:31 pm

Happy FriYAY everyone!

Pre Breakfast... (my youngest thought it was awesome to wake up at 4...) I had an Unjury Protein bar/snack

Breakfast: 2 Eggs, scrambled with 1/4 c shredded cheese

Snack: String Cheese and fishy crackers

Lunch: will this pasta and meat sauce leftover end? seems like it keeps growing in the bowl overnight... I think it has one more servings left and then it's done-zo

Snack: cucumbers and carrots

Dinner: Grilled Chicken and mixed veggies with a side salad, cucumbers, carrot slices and Italian dressing

My husband has the mask so no photo for me... =(

QOTD: I am always looking for fun decorative things for the house but everything I like does not really mesh with each other... so I end up getting nothing or little by little. it will eventually come together!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/7/20 3:12 pm

Praying you feel better soon and that it wasn't C19...

Dee_Caprini
on 5/7/20 3:09 pm

Breakfast: protein pancake with 1 scrambled egg

Snack: small salad with a few carrots, a sprinkle of cheese and italian dressing

Lunch: chicken salad with 1 TBS of olive oil Mayo on cucumber slices

snack: string cheese

Dinner: leftover chicken from a few nights back and veggies

QOTD... I will need to think about that!!!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/6/20 3:20 pm
Topic: RE: Getting closer to surgery

Wonderful news!!! Great job for keeping at it amidst everything that is going on. I've seen several pre-ops in my circle/support group that have fallen off, so kudos to you!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/6/20 11:36 am

I totally get your frustration! Any chance your organization can use Ring Central or another phone system? Or, can you block your number from being displayed?

Dee_Caprini
on 5/6/20 10:28 am

I've heard that more people are out as well... I have not been one of them, I hear it from my husband who has to go into work every day. I don't understand why things are opening if the threat is still there... I wish people would take things seriously.

How did the guy get your cell number? That seems to be borderline harassment if he continues to call you on your personal line if it's business-related. Sorry you are having to go through that