Still think you need to kill yourself with cardio? Think again....pic heavy

MilitaryWife
on 5/6/11 12:28 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Mandy I just wanted to say great job and you look fantastic. I wanna be you when I grow up!!
+

tinamarie47
on 5/6/11 11:06 pm - Hot Springs, SD
Mandi -you look FABULOUS!!!  I have been lifting for the better part of a year off and on sice some was pre surgery and now back to it 4 months post surgery. I still do cardio but for my inner body health..heart etc.

I am so blessed to have a husband that works out 6 days a week...he can bench 350 and squat 500! He's a rock!! He looks better at 42 than he did at 22. He's working with me now and I can't wait to show him your pics because damn...you are HOT!

Here's what I have for equipment in my house...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
I also have free weights, stability balls, steps, yoga mats and a great selection of videos. I'm looking into kettelbells - what are your thoughts on those? Please let me know how heavy you are lifting-especially on the triceps...I have been following the Body For Life program for a year off & on. Would love to know your weight amount & reps routine. Thanks!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.   Phil: 4:13    View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Mandyplus2 ..
on 5/7/11 12:09 am - GA
Nice set up! I only have a treadmill at home. :(

I hear kettleballs are good but I've only watched a few you tube videos on them. I have not looked into them too much. Me, personally, I would do whatever lifts your husband does, and then supplement (if there's room to) with other lifts you enjoy. That's just personal preference I guess.

I posted my rep scheme...I think it's on page 3 of this thread. As for how heavy I lift...I can give you some numbers but please know it bears no relevance to you because everyone's heavy is different. My heavy is too heavy for some people, but super light for others.

Ok let's see...the only tricep exercises I do are dips and vbar pressdown. I do work them 2-3x a week.

These are averages, some weeks I do higher rep work with lighter weight. I'm at a point where I need to move up in some of my dumb bell work but a 5 lb jump per arm is pretty steep. I might get some 2 lb wrist weights to help.

standing overhead dumb bell shoulder press - 30 lbs each arm
lateral raises -15 lbs each arm
curls - 20 lbs each arm or 50 lbs with the EZ bar
dips - body weight (not bench dips, for bench dips I place a 40 lb db on my lap)
tricep v-bar press down (a machine at the gym) - 115 lbs ...this is super heavy..I have to wear the seatbelt so I dont come out of the seat lol
decline crunches - weighted with 50 lbs worth of plates on my chest
cable face pull - 140 lbs
high and wide stance leg press (not incline) - my 1RM is 203 lbs
planks I use a 25 lb plate on my back...I can probably do 35 easily
chin ups - body weight (5 reps was my max)
pull ups - I still need 30 lbs assistance for these
bent over row is brand new lift in my routine - 40 lbs but I should move up in weight on these relatively quickly when my body adapts to the new lift
seated row - 80 lbs
weighted lunges - dumb bells - 30 lbs each hand...I need to switch to barbell lunges because of the pulling on the arms from holding the dbs..could probably do higher weight with bb

5'8" - 40 years old

imagenthat
on 5/8/11 10:45 pm - Bolton, Canada
Wow!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views