Over 2 years out update before/after pics

Countrygirl77
on 6/4/12 2:14 am
Wow!! That's all I've got
munchkin B.
on 6/4/12 2:54 am
VSG on 01/09/12
Thank you for sharing your success story.  You look amazing.  And very different from before.  

Congratulations again!  
felicity2u
on 6/4/12 2:58 am - LA
Beautiful, both before and after! Great job!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Tracasa
on 6/4/12 3:33 am
Love your healthy attitude! Continued success on your journey

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/12 3:58 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
I absolutely loved your post! I agree that many vets who leave the board are NOT gaining weight but actually just busy with life! I have done this before on other forums I've been a part of (on other subjects besides WLS) and after some time, I just get busy and get other interests and move on. I am so glad that you posted here. You are a success story! I do have to ask, how long did it take you to reach goal after your surgery? Were you slow and steady or a fast loser? I think I'm one of those slow and steadies. I just now hit a small stall for the first time since surgery at 3 1/2 months out and it is over now at my 4 month mark. I still have a ways to go and hope I can get there by my 1 year surgiversary :-) 

I like how you think of food as carbs, protein, and fat and not obsess completely about it. That's a good strategy. What works for some may not work for others and the reverse is also true.  Thank you for your candid post and honestly just being a success story for others to look at and insprie!
Mandyplus2 ..
on 6/4/12 4:38 am - GA
I am glad you like my post and I agree that what works for one might not work for another. Some people will need to avoid certain trigger foods for life, but hopefully everyone's goal is to eventually develop a heatlhy relationship with food, learn a little discipline, and gain self worth. It's a journey and we each get there a different way.

I think I was a fast loser - it took 10 months to get to goal if I remember correctly. I went from 274 to 150 at my lowest. Depending on what my goal is at the time with bodybuiding, I bounce around 10 lbs, but my average "no fighting it" weight is around 154 lbs and I'm almost 5'9".
 5'8" - 40 years old

nana S.
on 6/4/12 4:14 am - MI
You look fabulous! Congrats

Crabadams72
on 6/4/12 4:49 am - Silver Spring, MD
Mandy your arms look great. Do you have batwings?
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Mandyplus2 ..
on 6/4/12 8:43 am, edited 6/4/12 8:43 am - GA
Nah, not really. Some slight loose skin due to stretch marks, but I have other areas that are worse (lower stomach, rear end, upper outer and inner thighs). Still, it could be much worse.

But, even when I was fat, my arms were fat but not hugely fat or anything. My torso has always been the fattest, the last place to lose and the first place to gain.

5'8" - 40 years old

jacreasy
on 6/4/12 4:55 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 What pics? Cant see any on your post and none on your profile???

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views