Kinda Embarassing Question

tatatoothie
on 7/28/12 5:39 pm
I am almost two weeks post op.  Lately, I have been having this non stop itching under my armpits and right around my breast area (sorry tmi).  Anyone had this problem? 
new.me.2012
on 7/28/12 5:56 pm - CA
VSG on 06/27/12
 Oh my go****hought I was going to go crazy because I was so itchy! My tummy was the worst area and I thought it would never end! Anti-itch cream helped a little but it seems to be something everyone goes through. I think after about a week it finally eased up and I haven't had a problem since. 
I know how you feel and it was miserable, but it will pass. 

lisamarie1024
on 7/28/12 9:43 pm
I have the problem, I itch everywhere  but I'm 4 days post-op and still on vicodin which makes me itch
wufnu
on 7/28/12 10:12 pm - Kingston, TN
VSG on 07/03/12
 I had a little itching on my chest and stomach but not much.  I can say that you might try using just deodorant if you're using a deodorant+antiperspirant.  For some reason, about 6 months ago, antiperspirants suddenly made me itch like crazy on my armpit.  It just came out of the blue, maybe I got a bad batch, but after I quit using them it has never returned.  

njhanibal
on 7/28/12 11:49 pm - Hightstown, NJ
VSG on 06/13/12
 IT'S USUALLY THE EFFECTS OF THE ANESTHESIA. IT'LL LAST ABOUT A MONTH. WHEN YOUR BOWELS START ACTING NORMAL, IT SHOULD BE GONE. ALSO, NEVER, EVER, EVER,EVER TRUST A FART DURING THIS STAGE................ I HOPE THIS HELPS.

Erika J.
on 7/29/12 3:17 am
I am 8 weeks out and still itch so bad on my tummy. I even have a rash, but they say its just heat!?  I've never had this before surgery. Its not even under my tummy roll (different type of rash) and is driving me crazy!  All I do is itch.  I hope it goes away soon!
MargeAD
on 7/29/12 3:42 am - CA
At 8 weeks it is probably nerve regeneration over your incisions.

tripmom02
on 7/29/12 3:48 am - NJ
 Is the area just itch or is it inflamed/red? If they gave you antibiotics at surgery this can actually be a yeast infection, if it's just itch with no real inflamation, you might want to call your doc and see if you can have a Benadryl, that always helped me with post op itching.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

considering2012
on 7/29/12 4:02 am
I'm 6 days out and I itch on my abdomen. I assumed it was the scope wounds healing.

What perplexes me is the tingling. Last night I had a really strong tingling sensation all over.
Pobearsam7
on 7/29/12 4:19 am
I've been itchy from mg neck down to my feet, palms of mh hands were even itchy since the vsg, it isn't as bad as it was a couple if weeks ago but every where I was itchy my skin is peeling now for the last month.. Weird...

Kelly                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views