Halloween Recap - SPRING FORMAL PLANNING!

Feystorm
on 11/4/12 9:34 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

Hello OH peeps!!  The Halloween party was a great success.  I am so thankful to everyone who made it and hope to see more of the wonderful people I met for the first time.  And of course, I plan to make more plans with everyone in the future.  I posted a bunch of pics in our group for the party.  I will be deleting the group in a couple of weeks (just a lot of personal information).

The idea was kicked around last night to do a spring formal party.  We would have it at the same place - and I think for this event we already have a lot of great ideas.  We would be looking at having the party in March or April.  (May-July is blacked out for me as I will be studying for finals and then the CA Bar Exam and unavailable for life).  

Here are some ideas we have:

- Before / After photos shown on the large flatscreen inside our clubhouse

- Ballroom Dancing (Mike & Linda B are taking lessons and we are going to enjoy watching, some of us might also take some lessons as well). 

- Clothing Exchange

- Possibly have it catered - there is a fully equipped kitchen, and once we pick a date, I might be able to get a chef friend to prepare a large meal 

- Photo ops - the idea here is to possibly have one of my photographer friends "work" the party - or maybe a photo booth or something like that.  

- As it is a Spring Formal, we will be requiring formal attire.  But this means that we will also be having more outings, just for shopping!!! Yay shopping!!!!

- To do some of the above, I would need donations from attendees - we can discuss this as the time gets closer, but I don't want any surprises.  

- I hope that people are interested and would like to come.  We had two people fly in for the Halloween party - feel free to fly in and join us for this party!!!  

Please send me a message with any ideas that you would like to submit - from the best possible dates for you and yours to other ideas to make this get together a success for everyone.  What would you like to see at a party?  What would make it a great event for you?  

Last night was so much fun, that a group of us followed it up today by spending the day together - so the fun didn't end til about an hour ago.  I hope to have many continued fun events in the future!!

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

beckyinkc
on 11/4/12 11:11 am
VSG on 07/25/12

First - best of luck on the bar exam.  Miserable three days for sure, and I know I was super glad when it was finally over. :(  I hope you kick its ass!

Now, as far as the party, I think this sounds fabulous.  I may try to fly in if I can.  Depends on costs, etc. 

I think you've got some great ideas!  It might help attract some of the out-of-towners if there was more than just the party going on.  You mentioned some shopping, so maybe some other activities (going to the beach, Disney/other amusement park, movie night, dancing/clubbing, whatever) being planned could help.  Also, we might see about finding discounted hotels/cars for those who might come in. 

One caution:  This is going to be around prom time, so things could be more expensive or harder to schedule as a result.

Door prizes are always fun.  Games that encourage discussion are fun as well, so we could try to come up with some.  Having some sort of theme for the party might be fun.  It could be 80's or a masquerade or whatever.  It could only be a decorating theme or a theme for the dress as well.

I'll try to keep thinking about it.  (I love this sort of thing!)

acbbrown
on 11/4/12 2:40 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I hope we can pull this together - it sounds like a great idea. I'm definitely willing to plan a weekend of events for people who want to fly in or come from a little further away, and if im living closer, my house will be open for guests to crash at. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

TSinNC
on 11/4/12 8:13 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Sounds fun!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Ms Shell
on 11/5/12 7:49 am - Hawthorne, CA

You are local so I'm sure I can be there, but there is already a Vegas WLS thing in May and I might be going to San Fran to meet some WLS friends in April....

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views