VETERAN'S if you knew then what you know now...

valentinoAB
on 11/8/12 1:53 am
Hi ok I am going on week three so I want to know... If you knew then what you know now... Is there a way to avoid the 3 week stall???

anninva
on 11/8/12 2:03 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

hi!  the short answer is: NOPE.  in my experience they just happen and then pass.  stick with your doc's program, try not to panic (which is hard when you're watching the scale) and don't weigh every day!

it really will get better and you will make it through the stall.  if i knew then what i know now, i would not have panicked!

(((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

acbbrown
on 11/8/12 2:04 am - Granada Hills, CA

Absolutely!!! I did not have a 3 week stall.

If you dont weight yourself obsessively, you'll never know!  I didnot buy a scale or weigh myself until 6 weeks out. I am sooo glad i skipped all that drama!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

emelar
on 11/8/12 2:10 am - TX

Like Alison - nope.  Only weighed myself once every 3 months at the doctor's office for the first 18 months.  The wonderful thing is, if you don't know you're stalling, it doesn't really happen - right? enlightened

Truly, there's nothing you can do.  Your body is adjusting.  It may just be your pattern of weight loss.  Lose a little, hold a little, lose a little, hold a little.  You can either chart your loss and come to terms with your pattern, stay off the scale and don't worry about it, or get on the scale every day and despair.

rhearob
on 11/8/12 3:13 am - TN

Nope.  And the 3 week stall won't be your last.

The three week stall in particular is unavoidable for 99% of us.  Thats the point where your body chemistry and healing combine to stall you.  Some only last for a day or two, some last for a month.  Its all too complicated to really predict except that it will happen.

Just stay on your plan, manage your calories and protein, get all your water, and it will break.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Happy966
on 11/8/12 3:26 am

OK, here's my answer:  Who cares?  This process *works* whether we stall or not, worry or not, weigh every day or not.  Following a food plan, imperfectly, for the long term will work.  We cannot control how much we weigh on a day-to-day basis.  We can only control what we eat and how much we exercise.

Trust the process.  Don't over-invest in the scale.  Clean eating is its own reward.  The goal is a peaceful relationship with food, that allows you to maintain a normal body weight (normal for you).  Focus on the joys of clean eating and you will not be disappointed!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

bluerskies
on 11/8/12 8:23 am
VSG on 06/25/12

Just wanted to chime in that I liked your response as well, Happy!  Well said.  :)

Jessica

wls2011
on 11/8/12 3:37 am - Ballston Lake, NY

Well said,Happy!   I ditto that response....

Also, many times they aren't real stalls....just blips on the scale.....sometimes you are still losing inches...and every time I seemed to have a temporary "stall"....I had a big loss the next week.....so really, it was just my body losing in its own pattern.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Krazydoglady
on 11/8/12 4:16 am - FL

I didn't have a 3 week stall, but I had been on a low-carb diet followed by a 2 week liquid diet plus exercise regimin for a total of 3 months pre-op. I had lost 32lbs before going into surgery. 

Part of the 3 week stall is healing, part of it is depletion of glycogen and water followed by replenishment of glycogen and water that happens with low-carb diets.  I had already gone through the glycogen/water part pre-op. I was also actively exercising before surgery which made it easier to walk after surgery which speeds healing.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

valentinoAB
on 11/8/12 4:42 am
Thank you all for your replies!!!
I am not worried just thought it may be
A good question. I only weigh in 1 time a week. Is that too much? I totally get the little stalls and realize that is part of the process .... I am doing great trying to get in 8-10 glasses of water a day because I KNOW that's a major part of healthy weight loss. I have a long way to go ... But I'm ready and willing to get it done!

You are all SO helpful with your answers!!

You all rock!!!

Most Active