on 4/24/24 4:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
Topic: RE: Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Everything at Disney is overpriced!

I think you are becoming the new Shark!

Peps
on 4/23/24 9:44 pm

If it didn't, would we have werewolf folklore? Don't think so!

DiamondD
on 4/23/24 7:30 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

The kids were so weird and squirrelly today AND, just realized its a full moon. You will never convince me that the full moon does not impact behavior!

CC C.
on 4/23/24 5:05 pm

I had just read cal Poly in the news and wondered if it was Pomona or San Luis Obispo. I didn't know there was a Humboldt too!

diane S.
on 4/23/24 4:30 pm

Greetings all

It's overcast but nice today. Scrabble where I won two and lost one. Beat the Shark. Main topic was how some protesters have taken over the admin building at Cal Poly Humboldt. Campus closed tomorrow. Major police presence. I am not sure how this all helps the people of Gaza but I am hoping no one gets hurt.

So Liz, you are a Disney survivor. Good on you for breaking up the day and finding decent eats. All I remember about Disney food is highly expensive hot dogs.

CC I am not surprised you are sore from all that planting. It's a lot! Glad you have a better dog trainer lined up. I bet Kirby responds well. He sounds like a big goofus who just does not know what to do.

Velociraptors Peps! Thats what Tesla sounds like when she and Poppy play. She is the snarler.

News flash! DH finally got rid of the e waste. Now we just have to get rid of the old car. I can see that we will be playing musical cars often now that we have two electric cars.

I did not get much done today. Scrabble is exhausting. I made a quick studio trip to take care of tax stuff. Must do a ton of glazing tomorrow.

Cheers, Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Peps
on 4/23/24 3:08 pm

Ah... the scale giveth and the scale taketh away! CC, I, too, am up 0.7 lb. Dammit! Also, being sore is not a bad thing. Just proves you need to do a little more everyday type of manual labor stuff around the yard. Another reason staying fit and active as we age is important.

Doesn't Bonnie look skinny!? Whoo hoo for her!!!!

I need to get better sleep. I am tired. And when I am tired I crave sugar with a capital C! Perhaps a quick nap before trimming dogs is warranted today.

Liz, glad you had food success yesterday at Epcot. Not always easy to do at an amusement park.

Lovey and Buster are rough housing. Lovey sounds like a little miniature Velociraptor! It cracks me up how well she plays with my big dogs who are almost 3 times her size and weight. The younger big dogs adore her.

Not much else going on here.

CC C.
on 4/23/24 7:47 am

I contacted my really nice neighbor who has 5 dogs (!) and one she works with on a search and rescue team about dog trainer recommendations. She immediately recommended the trainer who got her and her dog trained for S&R. She said of all the training methods and trainers for their dogs over the years, he is the best hands down. I messaged him last night and she was going to let him know I'd be in touch.

Ooh, I'm sore today after my pots. Backs of my legs and my hands. I hope they stay nice for awhile.

I have a list of things I need to do, and no desire to do them. Story of my life! I do need to walk Kirby before the pavement gets too warm.

Scale was the same again today. Maybe tomorrow or the next day...

Hope everyone has a nice one!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/23/24 5:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
Topic: Tuesday, April 23, 2024

We survived Disney! Both DH and I had sore feet, knees and hips. In my case it was mostly my knees. Luckily we took a 3.5 hour break in the afternoon and went back to the hotel. Total park time was about 8-9 hours. We are taking our time getting ready to leave this morning. We have one day between today and Thursday to get ready for DSD and her husband to come stay at our home for 8 days.

I was actually able to find something somewhat okay to eat for dinner last night at one of the Mexican restaurants in the World Showcase. I had some pork rinds with guacamole, then some of the innards for a ribeye taco. Both were quite tasty.

Time to get cleaned up, packed, and drive home picking Justice up along the way. I do miss him when away.

Have a toothy Tuesday!

diane S.
on 4/22/24 10:51 pm
Topic: RE: Monday, April 22, 2024

Greetings

late check in on iPad. Galley duty today which was fine. Interesting visitors. Brought a pizza home from the place in Trinidad. Can pizza ever be healtyy? Seems like one slice should not doom.

scrabble tomorrow and more info when I am back to keyboard,

yay peps on your birthday. Go for it

more tomorrow when I have a keyboard

diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 4/22/24 3:58 pm
Topic: RE: Monday, April 22, 2024

I feel like you should get bonus weight loss pounds at the end of the year for staying the course while losing at a slower pace. That's good habits in action!