VSG Maintenance Group

Recent Posts

diane S.
on 8/14/23 5:10 pm
Topic: RE: Monday August 14, 2023

Greetings all

It's sunny here but I drove up to the gallery to take new stuff and it's fogged in up there. Always amazes me how a couple of miles can result in different weather.

I spent this morning trying to unsnarl some sales tax stuff for the gallery and finishing up some dog papers. I sure miss having a secretary. I am not much of a typist plus any time you try to call a business or government agency you have to go through phone tree hell. Not fun. My checklist for the day had three things. Got two done. The third is making a hair cut appointment. Later.

Hey we had a little earthquake yesterday morning. 3.7 out in the ocean just west of here. We felt it but no damage.

Stopped at the studio today and did some glazing. Things are humming along.

Liz I hope you get the bracelet. Have fun at the horse races.

Shirley hang in there. It will work out even if there is so much to do. Hope your mom gets well.

DD congrats on the flower survival. If they grow in the midwest they are tough!!

Peps glad your first day at school went well. Now you just gotta learn to sleep! DH nags me to do that like it's going to happen at age 71. Hope the new music teachers are good ones. Go**** seems early to be back to school but everything sneaks up on me these days.

Not sure whats for dinner. Freezer check.

Returning all the stuff to where it belongs is still ongoing. If lucky I will get it done by Halloween.

Cheers. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

ShirlAus
on 8/14/23 4:54 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All

Overwhelmed Aussie here. Im juggling like a clown trying to get through this week. Today is my last Tuesday at work - the count down is on.

Im trying to bring as much to a close as I can. Its near impossible but Im trying to focus on our trip to Cairns next Monday. Cant wait to have some sun on my face. Its been bitterly cold this week

Today is work then hair appointment, I will go shower mum on the way home. Then need to sort out animals stuff. Pet sitter is coming tomm night to go over everything & spend some time with the dogs.

Mums leg is finally starting to show small improvement. She caught a staph infection whilst in hospital! Not ideal. She is now on 2 sets of anyibotics. Im cooking to try and leave enough meals for whilst Im away. We are taking her to lunch Sunday then into the city to watch Moulin Rouge. She loves theatre.

I best run. Take care tribe

S

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/14/23 2:39 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We can all relate to that one!

Peps
on 8/14/23 2:03 pm

Brutal morning! The first day back is always shocking to my system. My appetite has been in overdrive. I will clearly need a nap when I get home. 4-5 hours of sleep just doesn't cut it for me anymore as I approach 60. For years and years I did well on 5-6 hours of sleep. Now I like closer to 7-8 hours. Of course, I don't sleep through and haven't in years....

Good thing about yesterday is that I got all the dogs trimmed that needed trimming by end of day yesterday. Now it's just Blitz that needs trimming for next weekend's shows in Reno. I can work on him over the next several days.

Well, this is the least stressful beginning of school year that I have ever had. As a matter of fact, it feels stress free. I'm feeling just a tad off because for 30 years I have felt so pressed for time and under the wire for the first day of school. I'm so mentally prepared and now what lessons I'm teaching all next week, so I'm sitting here catching up on things and taking a break from helping the two new music teachers while they familiarize themselves with our music curriculum, music standards and customize their lessons. I feel like a high school teacher proctoring an exam. I'm in the room, but kind of doing my own thing while raising my head to check on things every so often. LOL

Poor Keira.... Didn't want a steak sauteed in butter last night for dinner. I haven't checked with Ron to see if she ate breakfast. I'm hoping so. I have a feeling she will be living on chicken from now on. Seems to be her go to food. If it's chicken she wants, then chicken she shall have!

Signing off today with this little anecdote....

One of our ice breaker questions in the faculty meeting today was this: "What is something you don't do well, but really enjoy?" My response: "Being thin."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/14/23 10:13 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

One pound - that's a win!

DiamondD
on 8/14/23 8:40 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Good morning! Enjoy your time away Liz. I really like upstate New York. Have never been to Montreal, but it's on our list!

We arrived home around 7pm last night, and all looked well. My flowers are still alive. They will probably bloom until the end of September, so I'm happy they survived all my absences.

Weighed myself this morning, and I was up one pound. Yeah! Hoping to get into the healthier eating groove, which means more protein and calcium for me.

Nothing really planned for today. I'll unpack, read the paper, get some groceries, maybe do some laundry..

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/14/23 4:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
Topic: Monday August 14, 2023

And we are off for the next 5-6 days to NY, then Montreal. Justice will stay with DS during our trip. We will be visiting Saratoga Springs and Lake George in the middle of the week. This will be my third time visiting the horse track (all since I met DH). I do love seeing the horses and their jockeys up close as they walk to the track then watching them race.

But first we have to finish cleaning up this place and pack any remaining items as DH's kids will be staying here while we are gone. His DD has a "ticket" to that jewelry store so if I can't score my own ticket for the last week the shop is open this year she is going to buy the bracelet I am interested in. Though it will be sight unseen, I am confident that if I don't like it I can resell it ultimately.

Time to get a last Justice walk in (as DS will only do short walks with him for the rest of the week). Have a moving Monday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/14/23 4:06 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
Topic: RE: Sunday, August 13, 2023

The description of your hair begs for a picture...

diane S.
on 8/13/23 5:11 pm

Greetings all

Sunny today as yesterday was until the fog rolled in late afternoon. So much for the meteor shower though I had forgotten about it.

Spent today putting books back in the shelves after the floor experience. I did not get that far but its a start. I found some interesting old pictures and things that I will send to my niece. Pictures of her dad when he was about the age of her son now. They look so much alike.

Liz I can't imagine getting a house ready with a bad shoulder. No fun. I say take all the cortisone you can get. Dr. will probably make you go through a routine of so many shots etc before surgery. I agree with Peps. Get surgery close to Christmas and then rest on your laurels for the holidays. Sometimes you just have to do it. But glad there are some nice days there now.

Yeah CC. peer pressure eating is a thing. Jewish mothers aside, it's everywhere. At least at restaurants you can order healthy sometimes but pancakes are the mother lode of carbs. I have heard that the protein pancake mix is pretty good though. I have forgotten the name of that stuff. Glad you saw meteors.

Peps sorry your old dog is fading. Yep feed chicken and spoil her.

And yay for having two years to go until retirement. Well earned.

DD hope you got some meteor viewing in as well. Guess you are prepping for school so best wishes.

Yoo Hoo Shirley!!

Not much else. Kiln opens tomorrow and so trip to gallery warranted. Our summer has been excellent thus far.

Not much else. We will have the rest of the tuna salad wrap tonight. Fine with me. Routine starts again tomorrow of investigating the deli for suitable dinner items. I am hoping to find salmon or a pot pie.

Found an old high school year book while reshelving stuff. Funny. Also some notes from people I don't remember. Someone wrote that my hair was a fine dust mop but pretty. geez.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/13/23 2:24 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow, back to school already!?! I bet your last 2 years are going to fly by.

So sorry Keira is fading. You are a wonderful dog dad