VSG Maintenance Group

Recent Posts

CC C.
on 8/13/23 7:24 am
Topic: RE: Sunday, August 13, 2023

I sat out on the deck last night with a blanke****ching the Perseid meteor shower. Very cool! Lots of streaking white "shooting stars". Cloudier today with rain coming tomorrow, so not sure the conditions will be as good here tonight to see them again.

Had our pancakes and bacon this morning as usual on a Sunday. It's tasty, but I know it's not what I need to be eating. Peer pressure eating is a real thing.

It's feeling more fall like this week here. The sun angle and therefore the light is changing, it's more crisp, rain coming... but I did see temps in the 80s in the 10 day forecast, so summer isn't gone yet!

Liz, I wonder if your shoulder is a just get it over with thing. There will always be events and reasons not to and never a "good" time, but life after you get it done and go through the requisite healing period will be vastly improved.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/13/23 6:37 am, edited 8/13/23 6:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
Topic: Sunday, August 13, 2023

Friday and Saturday were both what I call perfect Cape days: Sunny, warm, breezy and not too humid. Today it is rainy and muggy. The perfect days stand out because they are smaller in number than hot humid or rainy days. Today we need to pack up for a week away and clean the house. DH's daughters and friends will be here while we are gone.

I made an appointment to see the orthopedist the day we get back. Though he may want to keep trying repeat cortisone injections he might start talking more seriously about shoulder replacement. After my prior appointment I have accepted the fact that it is probably inevitable. The problem is that I will be non-functional for 4-6 weeks following it so finding a good time to do it is difficult. Next year I need to get my Cape house on the market which means cleaning out excess junk, then packing and moving. I obviously can't be recovering from shoulder surgery during this but unless I can get pain relief a lot of the work will be extremely difficult for me to do. As DH says, getting old is harder than we expected.

Hopefully the rain will stop by mid-day so Justice can get his long walk. Right now he is happy lounging in my lap. Have a super Sunday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/13/23 5:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
Topic: RE: Saturday, August 12, 2023

You did do a lot this summer. Good for you! Also, good thing that fall wasn't more serious.

diane S.
on 8/12/23 10:43 pm

Fudge ate my post. Will follow up tomorrow on keyboard. Good gallery day but I am pooped. Dh brought home a tuna wrap for dinner,

more tomorrow about t long gallery day. Grateful to be home watching forensic files.

dd yay Mexico,

more when I have keyboard Diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

diane S.
on 8/12/23 10:32 pm

Greetings

late check in on the iPad. Long day at the gallery. Many visitors and some sales (including mine which gives me a bigger deficit). Lots of niece people including the sister of a recently deceased gallery member and studio member. It was nice to speak with her and offer condolences. Glad we talked,

yeah the toilet in the bathtub was not my decorating inspiration, the floor installers did that as the bathroom was getting new floor.just thought it was funny. It's back now

liz a 60 credit. Is a pperfectly good reason to get a dress.you will need it someday

cc continue to enjoy summer and the puzzle. I love jig saws but don't do them often, my mom loved them too, of icouldd clear a space for one I would do them, as it is I am obsessed with scrabble on line. Isc.ro is the site and it's free, my handle is"Rakuku"

it was sunny and almost warm this morning but the fog rolled in later in the day and spoiled ocean views. Wha wha wha for the tourists, we live here year round

dinner was a fourth of a tuna roll up from deli. It's great. I am slowly training dh that if I am working and he wants a good dinner he had best head to the deli. Yay

dd it's so cool you are seeing pyramids and real Mexico, mue bueno.

Cheers diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 8/12/23 7:42 pm

I'm so glad your fall wasn't more serious!!

CC C.
on 8/12/23 7:40 pm

DianeS, I got a text from my neighbor in AZ the other day saying, "I didn't know you were putting in an outdoor bathroom! How fancy!" Following was a picture of the toilet from my dad's mid-remodel bathroom sitting outside visible to the whole neighborhood! It was out there for 4 days. I know I'm going to get an HOA letter about that...

DiamondD
on 8/12/23 6:30 pm, edited 8/12/23 11:31 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Hi everyone! I'm back at BFFs house with WiFi so I was able to catch up on everybody's posts. I had to laugh about Mike's concern over the location of his grill in Florida: he told my husband about it too when we met up in July. He knows how to tell a good story :)

Shirl, glad to hear you are almost done (or maybe you are done now) with your current job and are making choices that give you some breathing room.

CC, your time in Michigan sounds lovely. Your comments about your puzzle remind me that I should get one for my classroom. I'm terrible at puzzles, so I always forget how many cool ones exist. I want to have one on a spare table so kids can use it for a brain break.

Which brings me to back to school thoughts. Peps I'm happy to hear your schedule sounds doable. I agree, bigger load at the beginning of the week.

Diane, the floors look outstanding, but I must agree with Liz about toilet placement :) Hopefully everything is back in place ...

I think the last I left off we were going to the pryamids. It was a spectacular day, until I tripped leaving the restaurant. As my face made contact with a stone step I thought this can't be happening, I don't have travelers medical insurance. Luckily, the only injury was my pride, my white pants and a heck of a fat lip.

Tuesday we dropped DS off at the airport, then we got on a coach bus, and road it for 6 hours to a charming mountain town to meet up with another of BFFs friends. We spent the night at her home, and then traveled another 2 hours in her car to the Port of Veracruz. Wow. I learned new things about heat and the tropics. Had 3 awesome but sweaty days hanging out. Today we took another coach bus back to Mexico City. Riding deep into Mexico, in places not visited often by international tourists was so interesting. And the scenery, particularly the ride up to the mountain towns was breathtaking.

Tomorrow we return to Minnesota, and I return to work on August 28. This year holds a number of significant changes, none of which I wanted. I'm hoping when the year starts, there will be some positive news too. Until then, trying not to dwell on it.

I've had such a wide variety of experiences this summer. My heart is full.

CC C.
on 8/12/23 1:32 pm

I wish I had something interesting to say! Just enjoying a sunny day, toiling on my puzzle, and listening to an audiobook.

My dad and his company managed pension funds for several unions in Hawaii, so we went there a lot for vacations (vacations for my mom and I tacked onto dad's business trips). Lahaina was a neat town. Such a sad shock.

Shrimp stirfry on the menu for tonight.

Wishing you all the best!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/12/23 5:34 am, edited 8/12/23 5:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
Topic: Saturday, August 12, 2023

So I just ordered a dress I don't need because I had a $60 credit expiring in 5 days. Decent excuse?

I have a favorite picture taken from Lahaina Shores Resort that I think I may print (see FB). I suspect that we won't be staying there anytime in the near future. Just so sad how much was lost there.

Not much going on today: Justice walk, beach, date night. Tomorrow we need to pack for a week in NY and Montreal. But today we will be relatively lazy.

Have a satisfying Saturday!