Chicken and Zucchini Burgers: Easy to Make, Moist, and HealthyMay 28, 2021
When making these Chicken and Zucchini Burgers, I was trying to accomplish three things at once. First, the most obvious, dinner. We needed to eat and everyone was on the verge of hangry. Second, I needed a good, healthy, protein source for school lunches that would taste good hot or cold. Finally, I needed something quick and easy for my own lunches during the week.
I have promised myself I will not eat out all week for lunch and if the fridge isn't stocked, there is no way that will happen. And to make things a little more complicated, I needed something that I could whip together with what I had in the fridge/freezer/pantry since I haven't been to the grocery store in days.
Chicken and Zucchini Burgers are made with ground chicken or turkey, zucchini, ricotta cheese, and spices for a delicious, super moist chicken burger that you will love.
Chicken and Zucchini Burgers
Recipe by: Kristen McCaffrey of Slender Kitchen
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 zucchini, grated (squeeze out all the excess moisture)
- 1 lb 99% lean ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Shred the zucchini using a box grater. Place it in a strainer and sprinkle with some salt. Toss and let sit for at least ten minutes. Then using a cheesecloth, towel, or paper towels - squeeze out the zucchini really well. Make sure to squeeze out as much moisture as possible, otherwise, the burgers will not hold together well.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the zucchini and form into patties.
- Skillet: Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 4-5 minute on each side until the chicken is fully cooked and the outside of the burger is browned.
- Grill: Brush the burgers on both sides with the olive oil. Cook on the grill for 4-5 minutes on each side or until burger is fully cooked. If you sometimes have issues with meat sticking to your grill, then cook these on foil on the grill. Follow the exact same directions but place a piece of foil on the grill and cook the burgers on the foil. This helps prevent sticking and the burgers breaking apart.
- Make fritters: Follow the same directions above but make smaller patties. Cook in a hot skillet with olive oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until chicken is fully cooked.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 268; Carbohydrates 5 grams; Fat 13 grams; Protein 34 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORKristen McCaffrey makes a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that she shares on her website, SlenderKitchen.com. Before diving into the world of healthy cooking, she struggled to lose weight, eat well, and find a healthy balance in her life. She has always been in love with food and enjoys healthy recipe development. Kristen is passionate about cooking and creating delicious recipes that encourage other people to eat healthy. See more recipes from Kristen!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|