Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Truffles, a Premier Protein® Recipe!May 4, 2021
This post is sponsored by Premier Protein®.
You won't want to miss this Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Truffles recipe! We've brought together the dynamic duo of chocolate and peanut butter in a bite-sized treat. These low-calorie protein truffles are no-bake and super easy to put together. They are a perfect blend of sweet and salty, while also being creamy and rich!
The NEW Premier Protein® Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake is the star ingredient in this recipe! It helps enrich this much-loved flavor profile. Whether you grew up with the tradition of making Buckeyes for the holidays or if peanut butter cups were a favorite, these truffles have a nostalgic vibe but without all the sugar and calories!
We hope you love these chocolate peanut butter protein truffles as much as we do!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Truffles Recipe
Makes 15 truffles
Prep time: 5 minutes; Chill Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- ½ cup PREMIER PROTEIN® Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
- ½ cup PREMIER PROTEIN® Chocolate Milkshake Protein Powder
- ½ cup Powdered Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp. of Sugar Substitute
For the Chocolate Coating
- 1/3 cup Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- 1½ tsp. Coconut Oil
- Add the Protein Shake, Protein Powder, Powdered Peanut Butter, Sugar Substitute into a food processor (or blender), and pulse until the mixture is well combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. The consistency will be similar to thick peanut butter.
- Empty the mixture into a bowl and place it into the freezer to chill for 30 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and then remove the bowl from the freezer. To help with the stickiness of rolling the truffles, coat your fingers with a bit of ghee or cooking spray. Once coated, scoop out 1 tbsp. of the mixture, roll into a ball, and place on the lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all truffles are formed, then set the tray in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Before removing the tray from the freezer, prep the Chocolate Coating by combing the Chocolate Chips and Coconut Oil into a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 30-40 seconds until the chocolate is melted, and then stir to incorporate the oil and chocolate.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer and drop them one by one into the melted chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off, then place them back onto the parchment paper. Continue this process until all of the truffles are coated. At this point, you can opt to sprinkle the truffles with a topping before placing them back into the freezer for 15 minutes to harden the chocolate coating.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy! For storing, place your Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles in the fridge in an air-tight container.
* Optional Topping Ideas: You could top with crushed nuts, sea salt, chocolate sprinkles, or a finely chopped Premier Protein® Bar. You could also drizzle warm Peanut Butter over the top!
* Note, you will need to adjust your nutrition info per your desired toppings.
Nutrition Info for 1 Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle
Calories 41; Fat 2 grams; Carbohydrates 3 grams; Dietary Fiber 2 grams; Sugar 1 gram; Protein 4 grams
For more great recipes using Premier Protein®,
check out their recipes on ObesityHelp!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|