Easy Protein Packed BLT Chicken SaladAugust 19, 2022
This delicious BLT chicken salad is a quick and healthy meal you must add to your menu! This high-protein recipe uses turkey bacon, pre-cooked chicken, avocado, tomato, and lettuce.
A traditional BLT is bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes on bread. This sandwich is a favorite for so many people, including me! But, making a BLT, and adding chicken and making it into a salad is so much better (and healthier!). So, for this salad, I used:
- For the “B” in the BLT chicken salad, I used Turkey bacon! You can use regular bacon, but Turkey bacon is low in fat, and still tastes great. I used two strips (50 calories total), and cooked it in the microwave for 1 minute, 40 seconds, between two sheets of paper towels.
- For the “L” in the BLT chicken salad, I used lots of lettuce! This creates the bed of your Bacon, lettuce, tomato, salad.
- For the “T” in the BLT, I used grape tomatoes, and sliced them. I love grape tomatoes! Such a delicious, low calorie addition to any salad.
- EXTRA: While not usually in a BLT sandwich, for the salad, I added some pre-cooked chicken I had in the fridge. I cooked a bunch of chicken this weekend in my instant pot, and it shredded beautifully. It was perfect for this salad.
- EXTRA: Avocado! Just because avocado tastes great with bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes!
Make ahead salad prep ideas!
I love having all the ingredients ready to make a salad. This helps me to eat it more often and stops me from eating less healthy food. Some of my tricks include:
- Buying bagged salad pre–chopped!
- Keeping cooked chicken on hand. I’ll usually make some on Sunday night, and be able to use it for different meals throughout the week.
- Having access to a rotisserie chicken. If I don’t prep some chicken on the weekend, I like to buy a Rotisserie chicken to include with a variety of meals.
- Pre make the entire salad! Recently I was on a local TV spot for pre-made salad kits! Check the salad kit tutorial here. While I didn’t share the BLT on that post, it would be easy to create a salad kit for the BLT chicken salad!
Easy Protein Packed BLT Chicken Salad
Recipe by: Amy Roskelley of Health Beet
Makes 1 serving
Prep: 5 minutes
- 2 slices turkey bacon cooked
- 2 ounces chicken, cooked (or rotisserie chicken) (or rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 medium avocado (or 30 grams)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 cups lettuce chopped or shredded
- 2 tablespoons Bolthouse Ranch Dressing
- Assemble the salad by starting with the lettuce.
- Add all the ingredients to the top of the lettuce.
- Finish with the dressing and toss to eat.
Calories 230; Carbohydrates 20 grams; Fat 9 grams; Protein 25 grams
This recipe brought to you by Amy Roskelley of Health Beet
ABOUT THE AUTHORAmy Roskelley is a health & fitness professional with a Bachelors of Science in Community Health from BYU. She is a Certified Personal Trainer (ACE), Certified Personal Chef (IAP), and Certified as a Nutrition & Wellness Consultant (AFPA). She is the founder of the health and fitness blog, Health Beet and the creator of many low calorie recipes author of weight loss books. Read more articles by Amy!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|