Premier Protein Bananas & Cream – a Cottage Cheese Ice Cream Recipe!August 15, 2023
This post is sponsored by Premier Protein®
Have you heard all of the buzz about cottage cheese ice cream? It's all of the rage right now. We decided to try it but with the twist of adding a ready-to-drink protein shake! Our version of cottage cheese ice cream has three simple ingredients: a Premier Protein® Bananas & Cream Flavored Shake, cottage cheese, and dry pudding mix. It's super easy to make!
Protein Shakes: You could use any of your favorite Premier Protein® shakes. Staff favorites have been Bananas & Cream, Chocolate, and Strawberry!
Cottage Cheese: We used 4% for this recipe, but if your nutrition plan allows for more fat, you can use full-fat cottage cheese. All cottage cheeses are not created equal; check out the ingredients and nutritional info to find the best one for you.
Instant Pudding: This acts as a thickener but also adds additional flavor. You can use any of your favorite flavors that complement the protein shake you are using.
Mix-Ins: You can get creative and add sugar-free syrup, chopped fruit, or whatever your favorite mix-ins might be. Keep in mind it will alter the macronutrients.
Premier Protein Bananas & Cream Cottage Cheese Ice Cream Recipe
Total Time: 4 hours and 15 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Freeze Time: 4 hours; Thaw Time: 10 minutes
Makes 4 Servings
- 11.5 oz Premier Protein® Bananas & Cream Flavored Protein Shake
- 1 cup 4% Milk Fat Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 2 tbsp Sugar-Free Instant Banana Flavored Pudding (dry mix)
- Add the protein shake, cottage cheese, and pudding mix into a blender or food processor. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours. Depending on your freezer, you may need to let it freeze for less or more time.
- Remove the cottage cheese ice cream from the freezer and let it thaw on the counter for approximately 10 minutes. You may need to adjust the thaw time depending on how frozen your ice cream is. You want the ice cream to scoop with ease.
- When it is at the state where it scoops with ease, add to your serving dish and enjoy.
- Cover the leftover ice cream in your loaf pan or transfer the contents into an airtight container, then store it in the freezer.
If you have an ice cream maker, please follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Nutritional Info for 1 Serving (4.8 oz) of Bananas & Cream Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
Calories 108; Carbohydrates 6 grams; Sugar 2.3 grams; Fat 3.3 grams; Protein 13.5 grams
Macronutrients will vary depending on the specific ingredients and measurements you use.
Enjoy over 40 recipes in a handy downloadable pdf!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|