Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe, A Family Favorite!May 1, 2019
This Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe is in a rich brown gravy. It is sure to be a family favorite as a comfort food dish that is also nutritious and bariatric-friendly. You can serve it over cauliflower rice and/or vegetables if you want (make sure to add to the nutritional information). When you are done, leave the skillet on simmer until you are ready to serve, because you can’t overcook — the chicken just gets more tender!
Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe
Recipe by: Holly Clegg
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion and garlic until tender and browned, 5–7 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and continue cooking 5 minutes. Add chicken. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook 20-30 minutes until chicken is tender.
- In a small cup, mix together flour and water and add to skillet, stirring until smooth and thickens.
- Gradually add broth, cooking until chicken is done and gravy is bubbling, another 15-20 minutes. Stir in green onions, parsley, and season to taste.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 216; Carbohydrates 9 grams; Fat 4 grams; Protein 23.8 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness.
See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|