First 5K

wmamey
on 12/28/12 1:16 am
RNY on 06/18/12
Can someone please tell me what a "good" time is for a first 5K? I really want to start doing them but my time is around 50 - 55 minutes since I still have to stop and walk a couple of times (I have hardware in my ankle from an accident). I am getting there but I am anxious to do a run. I am very proud on the other hand that I can do it in under 55 minutes since I couldn't run at all 6 months and 90 pounds ago.

acbbrown
on 12/28/12 6:57 am - Granada Hills, CA

There's no such thing as a good time for a 5k. There's those who get up and do them, and those that sit at home. Finishing iis all that counts!!

I did my first 5k in 50 min. My PR for a 5k is about 36 min or so. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

KatCooper
on 12/28/12 9:47 am - Collierville, TN

No matter what, it will be a new PR (personal record).  The first one I did, and I didn't come close to running the entire way, was 59 minutes.  I am still not fast, and NEVER will be, but it doesn't stop me.  My 5K is only 36 minutes and by normal standards its not fast.  I dont care.  I keep improving and just kept running.  Be proud of yourself and only compare your time to you!  If I compared myself to other people, I probably would have given up.   Keep it up and congrats on planning your first official 5K!!!  It's a big deal!!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

wmamey
on 12/28/12 11:02 am
RNY on 06/18/12
Thank you for the words of encouragement!! I think I will look for one in February. I just need to do it and finish!

Thanks again!

mom41
on 1/4/13 12:25 pm

I have seen finishes of over an hour. The point is to do your best   It is awesome you are willing 

Most Active