Just starting this journey! How to fit in an exercise program??

mamaloveswirl
on 1/10/13 12:40 am
VSG on 12/19/12

I am 3 weeks post op and starting to think about how to add exercise into my routine.  I have 3 young children and work full time...when is there time??  I plan to go back to yoga in a few weeks, but I now I have to do more than that.  Any suggestions would be helpful!!

acbbrown
on 1/10/13 5:38 am - Granada Hills, CA

That's tough - but where there's a will, there's a way. You will probably need to schedule time for you - and stick to it. Otherwise there will always be 101 other things to do and excuses why you can't. Maybe you can get up a little earlier or use your lunch break?  It depends on what kind of exercise you want to do - you could get workout DVDs or video games and even do them with your children and make exercise a family routine. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Supergirl7877
on 1/10/13 12:45 pm
I saw a saying somewhere, "I don't have time to exercise, I make time to exercise." I also have young children so...somedays my workouts involve dancing (freeze dance) with them, putting them in their bikes and me running. We do a little circuit before bed at night with sit ups and push ups...today my 4 year old and I played just dance for awhile...bring them into being active with you. They will love it!

Also, do you have time at lunch?? I am blessed to have 45 mins each afternoon devoted to my running and after the kids are in bed I often do a Jillian Michaels video. If I watch *any* tv I have to be in motion.

Hope that helps
Phatchick
on 1/11/13 5:36 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

It is not going to be easy to work out with 3 small kids but you are going to have to find "you" time and schedule it in to your new life. Only you know when that is.

The surgery is a new beginning, a new gift. Just like you found someone to watch the kids when you had the surgery, you are going to have to find a way to work out. You have to do this for you. If you do, down the road you will be more active, have more energy and will be glad you did this not only for you, but for them as well.

Good luck, it will not be easy, but the rewards are limitless. 

Hugs,

Sharon

mamaloveswirl
on 1/11/13 8:02 am
VSG on 12/19/12

Thanks everyone!  Yes, I know I have to "just do it".  I do have a lunch hour at work and since I can't eat much, I'll just have to bring my sneakers for a walk.  I got cleared to go back to yoga, so I went last night and I kicked butt!!

And yes, supergirl...getting the kids involved is a good idea.     Thanks for the advice!  This was even my first post in any forum, ever...I think I like it here!

Most Active