Amber update and a question (pics too!)

chrissyemerald
on 7/30/11 10:06 am - Canada
Hello ladies. It's been a couple of weeks since I updated you all. Since my having to have a 2nd surgery since Amber was born (open gallbladder surgery), with all the stress and not being able to hold her to me to latch, I lost my milk supply. They are leaking very little still but my question is, what can I do about them aching? At night time they  hurt so bad.
Other than that, Amber and I are doing great. She's getting pretty chunky, I bet  by her next appointment she'll be about 7.5lbs. Thats quite the difference in her since we brought her home weighing 4lbs 5oz on July 1st :) She's a great eater, sleeps well (almost 6 hours at night :D).
Here are some updated pics too!

This is a 4 generation pic. My grandma at her 80th birthday party, my mom, me and amber :)...this is also 4 days after my open gallbladder surgery, grandma was shocked!

tripmom02
on 7/30/11 10:22 am - NJ
 I know it will sound crazy, but put cabbage leaves in your bra. She is SO sweet.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Mariann M.
on 7/30/11 12:21 pm - Washago , Canada
Yes cabbage leaves will work to reduce the swelling and sooth the breast tissue, due to the enzymes in the leaves.

She is so sweet and wishing all the best !!!!

mandajolyn
on 7/30/11 3:33 pm - Tallahassee, FL
She's such a doll! So pretty! Sorry you're going through a rough time and I hope you're healing well! Wow, it's awesome to see four generations together!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Hollywog
on 8/1/11 5:30 am
No alternate suggestions re the pain (and at least the cabbage leaves are a cheap thing to try...and you could always make coleslaw with the remaining ones if it didn't work, LOL!)...but wanted to say that Amber is adorable.  You should get a professional picture done of the four generations.  It's something you'd always have to remember (and hopefully will have your grandma for years to come also!).  You're looking good too!

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

chrissyemerald
on 8/1/11 6:25 am - Canada
Thanks ladies :) the day after i posted this, the pain stopped, and they arent leaking any more....kind of weird it waited till i asked for help lol. And i do agree...shes a cutie!
Chena83
on 8/2/11 1:11 am - Clarksville, IN
She is too cute!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views