I've got to find a way......

Findingme2013
on 2/19/13 1:32 pm
RNY on 02/04/13

to stop stressing about not losing weight!! I'm down 19 pounds since my surgery two weeks ago, but I just have this fear the weight loss will stop!! Does anyone else have this feeling?? 
I'm sure it's because I've tried so many times before and have never been able to get to my goal, so I'm just waiting for another failure in my life!!!

robyn_fresh
on 2/19/13 1:50 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

I'm with you. I'm in my 9th post op week now. At my 8 week way in had lost 47 lbs. I don't feel like I'm losing fast enough to lose the 215 pounds that I want to lose. I sometimes feel like I'll fail to take full advantage of the honeymoon period and have minimal loss at the end of 1 year.

ready2be140
on 2/19/13 2:16 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12

This message is to Robyn, you are 8 weeks in at 47 pound loss already??  That is awesome...I am just shy of my 6 month anniversary, and i have lost 102 pounds...just shy of reaching my half way goal of 220.   You are well on track to get to your goal.    You can do this!   :) 

daphneb
on 2/19/13 1:59 pm - AK

Just keep the course, and enjoy the ride.  You've just begun!  It's exciting, I am about to celebrate my 7 months and down 89lbs total!

A roller coaster of emotions, that's all I can say.  It's like Christmas every morning, seriously.

Good luck and have fun:)

poet_kelly
on 2/19/13 2:12 pm - OH

But you haven't tried having RNY many times before, right?  This is a new experience.  One that statistically works, where as diets do not.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ready2be140
on 2/19/13 2:14 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12

It is easy to get discouraged, and I am sure so many of us have had our own doubts at times, but I am here to tell you, that I still have 10 days to go before my "6 months" anniversary and I am down 102 pounds already.    And although I had been exercising some between months 3-4, it wasnt really until month 5 that I started a serious exercise regimen-I wish i would have started sooner, but i am still pleased with my results so far-I am about 8 pounds shy of my half way goal.   Believe me, if I can do this, YOU can do this.   I'm rooting for you.   Stop Stressing ! 

Joyceebaby
on 2/19/13 8:31 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

We are used to having to feel hungry in order to lose weight.  I am still amazed that I continue to lose even though I eat and feel satisfied...I don't feel hungry all the time!  It just doesn't seem right to feel satisfied and lose weight at the same time.  RNY is a great tool!  I am SO glad I did it!

You're doing great!!  Keep up the good work!

thynnlynn
on 2/19/13 9:27 pm - MI

I am still pre-op (but not for long) and from reading here every day, I have learned not to worry myself about post-surgery weight loss.  It varies widely from person-to-person, and you WILL lose if you follow your plan and exercise.  Some lose quicker than others.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Kim S.
on 2/19/13 10:11 pm - Helena, AL

As Kelly said, you've tried everything BUT weight loss surgery before....and statistics are on your side.  Follow the plan, and it will happen.  We all had our doubts early out, but here I sit, almost 4 years later, at goal weight and healthier than I've ever been and in size 8 jeans no less!

robyn_fresh
on 2/19/13 10:15 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Thank you for the encouragement!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 315 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views