VSG Maintenance Group

Recent Posts

CC C.
on 8/24/23 4:35 pm, edited 8/24/23 10:51 am
Topic: RE: Thursday, August 24, 2023

Update, I am going to wait until the next litter. I just started to worry about how I drive 3 days with a puppy who can't use grass heavily traveled by other dogs at stops, hotels, etc.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/24/23 4:01 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
diane S.
on 8/24/23 3:11 pm

Greetings all

It's sunny here. I am not noticing smoke from the fires to the north and west but I guess it's out there.

Board meeting today so I did my usual financial report which is all good. We are thinking about long term planning for the studio as we are all getting pretty old. But things continue to move along and our income is up. But boy are utilities expensive. We fire many kilns per week so our power and gas can be $1600 per month!

Yep heat is an issue everywhere (except here). I was reading a NYT article about where to move due to climate change. They suggested the midwest and upper midwest. Yay, our area is still off the radar.

So I needed a snack when I got home and made tuna salad. Simple and good. Gotta stop being lazy and make more.

Oh CC I so hope you get a puppy soon! I am sure you know about contacting the AKC affiliated specialty clubs and finding reputable breeders from their lists. How fun to dream of puppies.

Liz I hope you don't need a new air conditioner. Not optional these days. Not everybody had it when I grew up. My grandmother added it to her house later in life. Glad you are getting some pain relief. Hope this course continues to work.

DD glad you have one nice neighbor. Are there any caves to tour where you are? Caves sound like a good idea on a hot day. Doesn't Missouri have loads of caves?

Peps hope you are winning big.

Chicken tonight. Over and out. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 8/24/23 1:40 pm

More weird weather. Zero sun, warm, foggy, humid.

I haven't heard from the breeder, making me think someone else got the boy they still had. Maybe a future litter! It will be when it's meant to be. It was fun to dream about though!

Bookkeeping and grocery store were today's tasks. Neither very much fun...

Hope everyone else is having fun!

diane S.
on 8/24/23 10:53 am
Topic: RE: Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Puppy puppy puppy Yay!!! there is one out there somewhere for you... DS

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Peps
on 8/24/23 10:46 am

Puppy, puppy, puppy! OOOOOOOOO.... YES..... fingers crossed. Blocky head - Major YES!

Peps
on 8/24/23 10:24 am
Topic: RE: Tuesday, August 22, 20237

Thanks! That is good to know. The rep from palliative care did mention different criteria. I will explore that more next week when I am home.

DiamondD
on 8/24/23 7:20 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Hopefully the ex can finally "leave the nest". She certainly makes interesting choices.

It's good to hear the anti inflammatory is helping, but those drug interactions sound concerning.

Yes, puppy news for CC is very exciting! Yesterday when we were getting in the car, our neighbor (the nice one), and his dog came over to chat. The dog's kind of shy, so it was so sweet when she came for a scratch on the head. I sure miss having a dog...

It's very hot and humid here in Southern Missouri! A lot of construction workers are staying at the hotel, imagine working road construction in heat like this.

Yesterday, about 3 hours into our trip, the air conditioner started to conk out. OMG! We stopped at Auto Zone, and DH was able to buy a can of magic, and top off the air conditioner system. Ice cold air again. The man is a wizard.

Today we are going to visit one of DH's cousins who lives in a nursing home. He is young to live in a nursing home, but he is quite disabled since birth. His sister, my husband's cousin, is the director of the home, so it works out well. Then his grandparents graves. Then I think to another cousin's home. Tonight DH's siblings will be here, and we'll all go out for dinner. I am looking longingly at the pool, but I don't know if I'll ever get in it. I was going to swim this morning, but it doesn't open until 10am. Maybe they'll be a break in the action this afternoon...

I didn't realize Peps was going to be in Minnesota during the heat wave until yesterday. It's a brutal amount of heat. Hope they're all doing okay.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/24/23 4:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Ooohhh - a new puppy! So exciting! I have my fingers and toes crossed. If not this one, then I am sure another great pup will turn up.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/24/23 4:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I always feel like solid floors end up cleaner than carpets (especially with pets living in the home).