Life goes on...
Apr 10, 2009Well it has been 3+ weeks since my surgery. I am starting to feel human and eating is becoming a little more easy. I can eat chicken noodle soup (1/2 cup), eggs, tuna salad, yogurt. I have found very little I can not tolerate. I tried oatmeal and that made my stomache growl for the rest of the day. Broccoli was not good either. I can drink more now. I still have to take it slow, and I definately know if I eat or drink too fast. OUCH!
For those of you who are pre op and looking at this, this is what has worked for me:
1. Magic bullet blender--juice, milk, or protein shakes blended with ice went down very smoothly.
2. Crystal light does not taste the same after surgery. I can't stand it!
3. Zofran--really helped control the nausea/quizziness
4. Diet ginger ale--always helped me with nausea in the past and is working wonders now. LOVE it!
5. Eating at a restaurant really helps me when eating. I don't know if it is the change in scenery or the fact that I am more relaxed. My husband and I went out to eat pre op and have continued since I feel a little better. I have had chicken noodle soup at saladworks and Target. Usually hubby has to finish what I order.
I am not ready to scream I love my DS yet. I am sure it will happen soon. The changes to my body are nothing less than a miracle. I can wrap up in a regular size bath towel without any gaps. Can you believe it?
The pain is still present. And I am still getting used to seeing the awful scar on my stomache. I am not allowed to go back to work till end of May but that is okay.
Good luck to everyone.