lyndee’s Posts

lyndee
on 6/22/12 6:04 am
Topic: RE: Before You Were Banded...

Ahh very true Mary D.

I was so excited to get my band. I had so much hope and visions of being just "Over weight" instead of MO.

We were the Guinea pig group, the first. For some it worked, for some it worked for a while and for some it didn't really work at all. I am in the latter group. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. I now just live with this plastic inside of me and hope and pray it doesn't give me any serious problems.

The good news if there is any, is we, the first groups can pass along our real life experience to others so they can make an informed decision. We didn't have that information because it was all so new.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have chosen a different surgery.

I'm doing Weigh****chers now.

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

lyndee
on 4/6/12 9:18 am
Topic: RE: WLS tips for those still researching their options. REPOST
Yes, I think you need to tell your story and why you are doing this on the first video and then on the second video tackle just one subject and on the Third video another subject and so on. They don't have to be long, I think the sorter the better so people don't lose interest and leave them wanting to hear more.

Yes, take it to the FBG group, I'm sure they will have lots of great ideas.

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

lyndee
on 4/6/12 9:10 am
Topic: RE: Lap band over RNY
I hate to tell you this, but I think it is a really bad idea. The bands success rate is very low and the complication rate is very high. Check out the failed band board and the revision board.

Before I did that I would do a lot of research. Is it possible to have your RNY tightened? I just know if you go the band route you will be very disappointed. Please don't take this the wrong way, but if your RNY didn't work, why would you think a much less successful weight loss surgery will work?.

Also, if your RNY didn't work maybe you should be looking into why. Many of us have WLS thinking it will be the cure to our obesity and when it fails we blame the surgery when in reality the true obesity problem is in our head.

Before you pursue any more surgery, please give yourself a present and find a really good therapist to see why your RNY failed and why you feel you need another surgery that is most likely going to fail. And research ALL of your surgery options. WLS is a very serious thing and the procedure of the operation its self is not the only thing that has to be addressed, the mental issues must be addressed as well (Probably more).

I got my band in 2007 and at first I didn't lose any weight and had a really hard time and a lot of fills to get restriction, then it was back and forth because I would be over filled and need to get unfilled. If I had too much of a fill I would get horrendous night time gerd. If you have never had night time gerd, pray you never get it, it is horrible and scary to wake up every 10 min. choking on your own vomit.

Over a 2 year period I lost 70 lbs. and have slowly put most all of that back on. I have re-joined WW, something I thought I would never have to do again after getting the band, and I have hardly any fluid in my band now because of severe gerd. So what is the use of having a band at all if the thing doesn't work?. I have been having fevers now for the past 2 months and chest pain and along with the gerd I'm guessing I may have a slip or worse. 

I am not telling you this to scare you, but I do want you to be well informed and hear all sides before you make a decision, You owe this to yourself. 

I wish you much luck with what ever decision you make. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/failed_lap_bands/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/

lyndee
on 4/6/12 8:43 am
Thanks Jacks, I had to lay down and take a nap after I thought of that, too much work for my little pea brain.

Seriously, I do think it is a good idea and Pump is putting out some really good information, it should be heard.

lyndee
on 4/6/12 8:23 am
Just start off sharing all of your research and info. you've posted here and go from there. Stick to one subject per video like your posts.

I don't think you'll have a hard time coming up with subject matter.

After you've tackled the lap band videos you can make videos on organization, and candy.

lyndee
on 4/6/12 5:28 am
Yes, have your kids help you, kids know all about this stuff.

Don't you have a camera on your computer?

I hope you decide to do this, I think you could reach a whole lot of people with this important information.

lyndee
on 4/6/12 4:50 am
That's because you don't hear yourself every day. I think most people feel that way. After you get use to it, it won't bother you any more.

Stop making excuses damn it and get to work. There are people out there who need to hear this information!!!

lyndee
on 4/6/12 4:33 am
Why? You are beautiful!

But if you need anonymity, I guess you could just have the camera pointed at a picture of the lap band and you could just make it so you hear your voice.

But, if that's what it takes for you to make a very informative video, then wear a mask.

lyndee
on 4/6/12 4:19 am

That is a lot of information to swallow...

Pumpkin Pie Dear Heart. Is there any way you can make a video of your wonderful and helpful information and post it on youtube?. I think a lot of people would get the message better if it was told to them instead of having to read a long post.

Don't get me wrong, your posts are great, but some people can relate much better if they can watch an educated video rather than be overwhelmed with a long post and a lot of reading.

lyndee
on 4/13/10 1:27 pm
Topic: RE: I need lapband.....
On April 13, 2010 at 7:32 PM Pacific Time, PUMPKIN X. wrote:
On April 13, 2010 at 7:29 PM Pacific Time, CelticThunder wrote:
I don't have to worry about opening her threads.  She can't take the heat when someone confronts her with facts that prove her wrong.  She blocked me.  I'm heartbroken.  Can you tell?  She had a lap band done in friggin Mexico.  Something went wrong.  God forbid there are those among us who are success stories.  I will retalliate any horror story she tells about the band, therefore, she had to block me.  F'ing coward that she is.
This is exactly what I am talking about.   WHY  do you feel that it's your duty to make sure that every pre-op that comes to this forum only hears the GOOD NEWS.
I would say Celtic Thunder is Sandy R.

She is to the band what MWG is to revision. They are yin and yang, fire and water...

You can't talk to either one of them when they are in their mode....UGH

Just my observation.

lyndee
on 4/13/10 12:54 pm
On April 13, 2010 at 7:47 PM Pacific Time, MidwesternGirl wrote:
On April 13, 2010 at 7:44 PM Pacific Time, lyndee wrote:

Pumpkin loves her daughter and is stressing out because her and her daughter have had nightmares with their bands. Both had them replaced. Pumpkin lives with this girl and sees her sabotaging herself and is afraid for her daughters well being. The money has nothing to do with anything except for not having to take a second out on their home to have her band out before she is off of her insurance, that makes sense.

The problem is, you don't know her at all, if you did you would know that her statements about her daughter were tongue in cheek, not hateful at all and they were motivated by frustration.

If you saw your child headed for a train wreck wouldn't you try to stop it before it happened.

You have been very judgmental. You haven't even been banded a year yet. Why don't you come talk about what you know after a couple of years. You still have your rose colored glasses on honey.

I am very good at giving a dose of reality.  I will talk to Ms. Daughter.

Please quote me so P can see this.

Done.

lyndee
on 4/13/10 12:44 pm

Pumpkin loves her daughter and is stressing out because her and her daughter have had nightmares with their bands. Both had them replaced. Pumpkin lives with this girl and sees her sabotaging herself and is afraid for her daughters well being. The money has nothing to do with anything except for not having to take a second out on their home to have her band out before she is off of her insurance, that makes sense.

The problem is, you don't know her at all, if you did you would know that her statements about her daughter were tongue in cheek, not hateful at all and they were motivated by frustration.

If you saw your child headed for a train wreck wouldn't you try to stop it before it happened.

You have been very judgmental. You haven't even been banded a year yet. Why don't you come talk about what you know after a couple of years. You still have your rose colored glasses on honey.

lyndee
on 12/13/09 3:05 am
Topic: RE: Weight Loss Drugs?
No, we have a fake tree. they don't understand what it is :)

They have done their fair share tho. Mostly their babies. I'm constantly cleaning up baby guts everywhere. They must kill 3-4 a day. And they each go through a large bully stick a day, it is very expensive, but at least they stay away from the furniture.

lyndee
on 12/13/09 3:01 am
Hmmm, she could have just said that:P

lyndee
on 12/11/09 1:23 pm
Yep, One money pit is cheaper than Two!. 

I keep telling myself I LOVE them, I LOVE them I LOVE them:)....I REALLLLLY DO. 

Not to mention all the bruises and bite marks I have all over my arms and legs. I AM AN ABUSED MOMMY....HELP!!!

My little girl knows a new trick...It's called walk and **** at the same time. Know matter where she is, on the couch, on the chair, in the bed, she knows that trick well...I think a cork is in order. AND she WAS housebroken...Can we say. Back to square ONE.

lyndee
on 12/11/09 11:19 am
I will trade you TWO Jacks for just ONE Bailey:)

lyndee
on 12/11/09 11:17 am
Okay, I stand corrected and ***** slapped.....but, Ummmm, the drink still looks BLUE!!!!!!

lyndee
on 12/11/09 10:53 am
Bringz it on....

lyndee
on 12/11/09 10:38 am
Oh, okay, That's why it looks like WInDex...Cuz it's Pink like a rose.

lyndee
on 12/11/09 10:01 am
What is it?... It looks Blue.

lyndee
on 12/11/09 9:27 am
Sorry, No drugs. My diet consists of alchohol and CRACKERS...;)

lyndee
on 11/12/09 5:37 am
Topic: RE: Where to begin...

Hey Girl!

Long time no see. We were banded within days of each other. I don't know if you remember me or not. I remember your old Avie:).

I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I kinda get what you are going through.

I have lost 67 lbs. and have not lost any weight in months. I think I need a small tweak but what I really need is to get back to the rules and stop eating the bad stuff.

The thing is you still have to eat right and to me that means "Diet" after all of the diets I had been on and all of the hoops they made me jump through to get the surgery I just can't get my mind around the word. But I have to come to terms or I will never get this weight off.

The whole thing is hard, with surgery or without surgery it takes work and until we are ready to do the work we will just stay where we are.

I have not gained any weight back. I know this band works but just like you said we need to work our bands.

I have an appointment on January and I will most likely get a fill then and kick it in gear for the new year.

Now, lets start thinking positive and when something negative tries to creep in we need to pu**** out right away and start doing something else.

Are you on the band grads board? You should post over there too as they will understand a bit more.

Best wishes,

Lyndee

lyndee
on 6/12/09 6:05 am
Topic: RE: 2 year Bandiversary X-post
Two Years!!! OMG, how time flies. I can not believe it.

In two years I have lost a total of 63 Lbs. that is as of today.

I thought I would have lost way more than that in Two years but I had problems reaching restriction.

I am happy that the band has kept me from gaining. I know without the band I would have gained 63 lbs. in these Two years.

I am at a good fill level right now, I think, and I hope that being able to swim this summer I will lose some more weight.

I am trying to make better choices and follow the rules. Sometimes it is hard, but really not as hard as most of the diets I have been on.

I would do it again, like I said it has kept me from gaining and I have lost 63 Lbs. really that is a big chunk of weight:).

So I will keep on keep'in on....

lyndee
on 4/9/09 2:52 pm
Topic: RE: Here I am Banded 4 years, down 100+lbs, a size 8!!!
Zee,

You look Awesome Gurl!!! I just Luv ya! You are SUCCESS!!!

P.S. PM me your tips and secrets;)

lyndee
on 3/23/09 1:56 pm
Topic: RE: Looking for a Dr. in the Orange County, Ca area
I just remembered. If you click on her name under my Avie it should take you to her info.:)

Most Active