Easy 20 Minute Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken RecipeApril 29, 2022
Easy 20 Minute Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Recipe. With only three ingredients and 20 minutes, you can have this low calorie, low carb, high protein meal of prosciutto wrapped chicken on the dinner table tonight!
For four ounces of chicken breasts and two slices of prosciutto, you can have your entrée for 180 calories, 33 grams of protein, 0 grams carbs, and 6 grams fat.
I like to start by cutting my chicken breasts into 4 ounce servings. Sometimes, chicken breasts will come very large, and I like to cut them in half to cook more quickly and be an appropriate portion.
Then, season with any seasoning you like. I used a Spicy Italian seasoning from Trader Joe’s.
Wrap your prosciutto slices around the chicken breasts. I got my prosciutto at Costco. then, bake it at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes!
Tips for perfect prosciutto chicken
- Pound chicken so it’s the same width and cooks easily
- Use a meat thermometer to not dry out the chicken
- Make it a balanced meal and serve with rice and veggies! With chicken and prosciutto as your entrée, round it out with a whole grain and veggies for the perfect balance of a macro friendly meal! I like rice and a frozen veggie blend.
20 Minute Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken
Recipe by: Amy Roskelley of Health Beet
Makes 4 servings
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 5 minutes; Total: 10 minutes
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon spicy Italian seasoning
- Pound chicken breasts with a mallet, so the chicken is even in width and will cook more evenly.
- Wrap two slices prosciutto around each 4 ounce chicken breast
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165
Calories 180; Carbohydrates 0 grams; Fat 6 grams; Protein 33 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORAmy Roskelley is a health & fitness professional with a Bachelors of Science in Community Health from BYU. She is a Certified Personal Trainer (ACE), Certified Personal Chef (IAP), and Certified as a Nutrition & Wellness Consultant (AFPA). She is the founder of the health and fitness blog, Health Beet and the creator of many low calorie recipes author of weight loss books. Read more articles by Amy!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|